AR Round Holed Handguard

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by TNTRAILERTRASH, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

A friend bought a M&P Sport. He want to put rails and a bipod on it. I told tem put that turd in a box and get off his wallet and buy something with slots or a quad rail. Is there anything that will fit the 6 round holes? :rolleyes:

2. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

Something like this may work,, I used this when I added a rail to the front of 995ts for an offset front site..

http://www.amazon.com/Fast-Dealz-Sl...&qid=1457141832&sr=1-49&keywords=ar+quad+rail

The T-nuts are about 7/8",, and the holes in the handguard are about 1/2" if they are the same as the M&P sport II..

Going to need this to remove the handguard,, to attach the rails,, it can be done without,, but makes it a lot easier..

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Ar15-D...076&sr=1-1&keywords=ar+handguard+removal+tool

3. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Replace the handguard for starters... problem solved. I would put a free float on it

4. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JJ7XTRG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

I made that set of rails fit a proprietary handguard from DPMS,
    it had 50mm spacing for the rails, and the above FIT IT!!
    No one makes an exact fit but DPMS, and it is EXPENSIVE!

The Ultimate Arms fits well, plenty of hardware too! :D STRONG!!

5. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I've never been able to figure out the need for a delta ring wrench. I mean, honestly...are we not men? I mean, most of us. I think Mary would think of this too...;)

Grab your channel lock pliers, widen them up, stick the delta ring between the handles, squeeze them together against the ring, and there you go.

That's assuming you even need one. I always figured if you did need one, there was something wrong with the gun.:cool:

As to the rail, there are more than a few out there that attach through the holes.

6. TNTRAILERTRASH

7. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Check my link, Big Goofy!

Universal Rail, CHEAP!!! 2 for $12 with hardware...

I just do the delta ring by hand ;)

Mole has Strong Hands :D

8. TNTRAILERTRASH

Hosehead 1 left $14.95 chekyerlink you tweedletwirp :mad:

9. thundercroozer

thundercroozer Supporting Member

So in other words you are saying those of us with physical limitations,, such as amputation of a few digits,, or limited use of a hand or arm,, are not men..

10. TNTRAILERTRASH

Not a real man if you voluntarily had your "digit removed!" :eek:

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    No, those are not the other words I would use, at all.:cool:

My grandpa was missing bits of fingers on both hands, thanks to the lack of OSHA in the good old days sawmills, I'll tell you what he told us...missing fingers just means the other ones gotta be stronger. And then he'd pinch the heck out of us...he wasn't kidding.:mad:

So no...you can't shame me into anything, it was a joke, and you know it, and my grandpa would slap you silly for thinking otherwise.:p

And I would actually think those who are in that situation would figure out a work-around like that quicker than those lazy folk that don't have to deal with those issues.;)

Had a buddy in HS whose dad fell off a roof. He was in a wheelchair, did the shot put in the Special Olympics, and I never beat him, despite being decent. But I sure tried, and he sure talked smack to me every time he beat me.
    So I'd challenge him to some discus throwing...I could beat him in that.;)