Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone swapped out their current AR upper for another? i would like to change out my A2 upper with the fixed carry handle to a flattop. i can get a DPMS low pro for $125 from Brownells, in stock, but have never changed out the barrel, gas tube, etc. is it a hard process? i know someone on here has done it before, help a brother out. thanx!

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
just buy another complete upper and be done with it. no sense farting around changin parts back and forth unless you want to make it permanent. if thats the case you need a receiver vise, barrel wrench and sundry hand tools.

SW

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
I've seen DPMS complete lowpro uppers for $375-$425 on Rguns.net and Midway.

Ron M.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
just buy another complete upper and be done with it. no sense farting around changin parts back and forth unless you want to make it permanent. if thats the case you need a receiver vise, barrel wrench and sundry hand tools.

SW
+1, save yourself some trouble and get a complete upper.

·
Registered
557 Posts
has anyone swapped out their current AR upper for another? i would like to change out my A2 upper with the fixed carry handle to a flattop. i can get a DPMS low pro for $125 from Brownells, in stock, but have never changed out the barrel, gas tube, etc. is it a hard process? i know someone on here has done it before, help a brother out. thanx!
You are GTG as long as its an upper that fits your lower. DOn't go buy a .308 upper and try to put it on your 5.56 lower-- I have a DPMS Sportical on layaway and once its out, I am putting a .338 Federal on layaway- -and once its out, I will probably get a .243 and later a .308 upper for that one..The 5.56 will stay 5.56, but maybe it will get SBR-ed, but the claiber wil remain...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.