Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is ok to ask this question here. I have a 50# semi recurve bow. How do I measure to get the proper string length?

·
514 Posts
The length of the bow should also be printed on the bow. You want a string that is 2-4 inches (boy scout rule is 4 inches and this is what I use) shorter than the bow.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a very old semi recurve so there is no length on the bow. The information you imparted, however, was very helpful.

·
514 Posts
You can also just measure the bow. Or take it into a good archery shop and they should get you set up for just the cots of the string!

Cheers,
Kyu

·
Banned
1,412 Posts
Did you find a string yet? If not PM me the length you need and I'll make one for ya. I've been making my own strings for my recurve for years. I might even have one made up already.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you find a string yet? If not PM me the length you need and I'll make one for ya. I've been making my own strings for my recurve for years. I might even have one made up already.
Sent a pm. Thank-you for your generosity.

·
Registered
367 Posts
i have a old ben pearson recurve that i have no idea what to do with
any suggestions?

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
i have a old ben pearson recurve that i have no idea what to do with
any suggestions?
what do you want in trade/cash? I've always wanted a recurve I bought my compound at a pawn shop for like $40 and have had a blast with it. so maybe i got something you're looking for not necessarily a firearm cause i only have whati want there. but who knows/

·
Registered
367 Posts
ummmm.. let me think about that
we might can work something out

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
I think I wonder what you might want for it? :D

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I wonder what you might want for it? :D
heck i dont know
make me a offer
if it helps, i have a 995 ;)

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Let me root around and see what I might have, unfortunately I don't have a 995 so no parts/ammo etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts