Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have use magtech, luger, and remington rounds, and all with the same result... a dirty case, and a dirty gun.

Is it just a function of the blow back design?

I also read on this forum that people aren't cleaning these things after every use. I put that on lazy, it's 3 bolts people, not rocket sugery. (sorry that part was a bit of a rant). Anywho, I was really amazed at how much "crap" came out of this gun after only putting 50 rounds through it last night.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
That doesn't sound right to me.
My 995 never get's that dirty after a shoot & I usually run about 150-200 rnds through it.
The only time it got really dirty is when I ran some 1952 Czech Milsurp ammo through it.

·
1,792 Posts
I dont take it apart Often any more is When you remove the cover your sights change. MAy not be huge to you but it is enough that it bugs me each time I go to the range and have to re-ajust the sights.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thayidt21... yep... I recently discovered that too. I use WWB 115gr FMJ & it does not seem to get real dirty. I am kinda lazy at cleaning & run at least one & sometimes two oily patches through the barrel followed by dry patches until one comes out clean. It works for me... so far.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Typically, I'll fire 50-100 rounds of my own reloads per session. When I come home I'll run some Hoppe's #9 on a bronze brush thru the barrel and pull a few patches thru after that. Some Hoppe's and a toothbrush on the bolt and receiver followed by a quick shot of Gunscrubber to rinse it out.
Disassemble at the end of my season in late Dec.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Typically, I'll fire 50-100 rounds of my own reloads per session. When I come home I'll run some Hoppe's #9 on a bronze brush thru the barrel and pull a few patches thru after that. Some Hoppe's and a toothbrush on the bolt and receiver followed by a quick shot of Gunscrubber to rinse it out.
Disassemble at the end of my season in late Dec.
Ok, that's pretty much what I have been doing, but have been seeing more crud than I thought I would on, in, and around the bolt, and trigger assembly.

It sounds like I shouldn't be too concerned.

G

·
I parrot SW on this one. The only time mine has been apart is when I changed the rcvr cover and the heat shield. Other than clean the bore and wipe down and wipe the breach that it all it gets.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wait a minute..... These things are supposed to be CLEANED? :eek: :eek: :eek:

LOL :laugh: :laugh:
Mine usually gets the bore swabbed out and the breach area cleaned with a rag with bore solvent on it. Tetra Gun Lube for all the metal parts and in the assault case it goes, ready for any zombie attacks that may occur.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jim told me that they do not recommend the owners of carbines disassemble them for cleaning. They should just spray them out with gun cleaner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.