Are these mags o.k.

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by one_crazy_dude, Aug 22, 2014.

1. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

My sister bought some pro mag 10 rounds. They are not the hi capacity. Han I use them? ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1408749284.883955.jpg ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1408749309.473197.jpg

I feel bad because she did not know.

2. bluharley

bluharley Member

Used in what? That second one looks like a double stack, won't work in hi-Points.

3. dirtroadrider

dirtroadrider War Eagle Member

Photo on the right is the same magazine its just turned and is a close-up. But to the question of will it work? Maybe only one way to find out is to use it. But it will probably have feeding issues. It will need to be adjusted as most Pro Mags in High Points.

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Shows you what I know! How much did she pay?

5. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

I'm worried about the follower. I have read that they can void the warranty if used in the gun. But it does say hi cap Mags and these are not.

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1408752525.239659.jpg

The left is the pro mag and the right is hi points. You can see the difference in the followers. I just don't want to void my warranty.

6. Boodaggy

Boodaggy Member

what does the front of the followers look like? that's even more important I beleive

7. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

yep, the front of the follower is probably more important. You may have to tweak the pro mag follower to match the shape of the hp follower. You may not have to do anything. You'll just have to try it. If you are worried, see if you can return it.

8. Most of Pro Mag Industries merchandise is junk. In my own personal experience, I have bought several magazines from them. All but two were junk.

Take them back and get your money back. Do not use them in your Hi-Point carbine. They will void the warranty.

9. GoesBang

GoesBang Supporting Member

Pro Mag has a lifetime warranty. No that it's worth much. I have used them for some prototyping work with OK results.

BTW the prototyping was not for Hi-Point usage.

10. Geezer

Geezer Junior Member Member

Try them, if they work, great. As much as I'd like to have higher capacity magazines, the regular ol factory magazines are hard to beat for reliability.

11. panoz77

panoz77 Member

It looks like the rear of follower is the same in the 10 rounder as in the 15, so I assume it would cause the same damage. I would return it and get a factory mag, what is the benefit in using it? None.

12. madmax

madmax UCCG Retired Member

SD
    I spoke with mom last week and they advised me that any promag magazine if used will void the warranty, if it were me I would return them and buy some from mom then your all good. Have a great day.

13. Dude.....every new Hi Point carbine comes with a HUGE printed notice - right in the box - that using a Pro Mag in your gun will VOID THE WARRANTY.

It's no exaggeration to say that Hi Point has the best product warranty in the business. Why would you jeopardize yours by violating the terms?

Give 'em back to your sis and tell her to get her money back.

14. sdeeut69

sdeeut69 Member

It doesn't look like it has the right clearance required for the newer 995TS models.. (not sure what you are wanting to use it in).. at least according to the picture in the manual that specifically addresses magazine clearances. I personally wouldn't use it, but that was very kind of your sister to get you something like that.

15. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

They have to cost the same as the factory mags.

From my new 4095 "Use of Promag HIGH CAPACITY magazines damages the loading ramp of the model 995 and 995TS and voids the warranty. Maybe there is a difference between the 15 and the 10 round mags? Check! Measure! Compare! Call Ma!

I guess no warranty issues with the 15's in my 4095. I haven't taken the 15 rounders to the range yet. They don't cycle very well by hand. The bullets nose dive and jam. The follower is slightly different.

16. It's not worth it Tennessee Trailer Trash. The Promag magazines are junk. I've recently discovered the Promag magazine I was using in my Hi-Point carbine has ruined my stock. It enlarged the magazine well so the factory magazines are now loose. You will very likely ruin your carbine. It is going to cost me $40 now to get a replacement stock. It may ruin your receiver and that will destroy the firearm.

If you want a larger capacity firearm look at the Kel-Tec .40 S&W carbine or the .45 Auto Masterpiece Arms MPA11ST. These firearms have 20 round and larger magazines available. No one will likely ever manufacture a magazine over ten shots for the Hi-Point Carbines.

17. Whaaaat??

Dude, you must not be reading all of the sincere replies to you here. What part of "using ProMags in your Hi Point carbine will VOID YOUR WARRANTY" are you not getting?

18. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

19. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude Member

I got rid of them. Gonna buy from mom. Just to let it be known again the sticker says HI CAPACITY MAGS in the hipoint paperwork.

The ones I revived are not. They are 10 round just like the stock mag. But because I don't like the follower in pro mags I thanked my sister and threw them out and will order news from mom.