Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering getting one of the 9mm carbines, but things like this kind of scare me, being a left handed shooter. Is anyone here a lefty or ever fired their hi point carbine left handed?
I searched around and could not find this topic addressed here, so I thought I'd ask. I'm just curious to know what sort of things to expect. Thanks.

G

·
Primal and Waltham are lefties, and I haven't seen them complain about shooting thier carbines.

I think primal added a titanium bolt catch to his though. lol

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
yup works great for me. lefty all the way. In doing tac reloads from my buttstock mag holder I can pretty quickly change mags and drop the release without too much effort and have it never leave my shoulder.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
I shoot the 995 and the 4095 carbines left handed and have had absolutely no problem with casings hitting me or anything. They are a pleasure to shoot, just with there were bigger cap mags for them

·
Registered
719 Posts
My brother is a lefty and he has no complaints about shooting my 995. Except when he has to give it back, of course.

Seriously, though, as a left hander he enjoys the reverse bolt configuration.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
I'm left-handed but I shoot long guns right-handed. My son is lefty all the way and he not only has no problems with my 995, he gets a kick out of it too.

Thanks for the tip: I'll have to check into putting the Titanium Bolt Catch on it if it works better for lefties though.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow, excellent responses! this is a great forum. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I just moved here to washington and have to wait a few months before i can buy a handgun, so maybe i'll pick up a 995.

oh, and someone mentioned hi-cap mags. i know the C9 and 995 mags are interchangeable... does that include both the 8 and 10rd mags?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I saw a YouTube vid a while back and the fellow was shooting a 995 left handed. Didnt seem to have any issues at all with spent cases because the 995 tosses em slightly forward instead of rearward.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I have never had a problem shooting my 995 lefty. Love that gun. Gonna sight the irons back in tomorrow or Sunday. Can't wait.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Great Vid, love the smile on his face when he was done shooting!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FORWARD sez you? well that is nifty indeed. the C9 and 995 are now both on my list of must-haves.

G

·
Being a lefty and having owned the Thompson 45acp in the photo, I find the hi-point more natural to use than the Thompson with it's right side charging handle.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
here is the video... It is our very own lbreevesii he is fast too

:p thanks. For some reason I had a bit of trouble getting the mags in that day. I lubed those puppies up real nice when I got home 8)

btw, its a 4095 and I think I was shooting 155 or 165grn handloads that day.

G

·
I like th 995 as a "lefty" weapon. I have one set up of small game and one for HD. The only thing I see that might be a problem is accidently hitting the mag release when engaging the trigger.

22lr

1 - 18 of 18 Posts