Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several of us were trying to figure out how thay were legal. A friends dad was talking about getting them, but several of us were rather against it.

If you haven't seen them they look like a police padge but say something like " (state name) CCW Permit holder" and come in a little wallet thingy or a belt clip. But from much of a distance you can't really tell that it's not a police bage.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Uraijit, that was almost exactly what we told the friends dad. I just don't understand why they are allowed to sell them in the first place.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand what you are saying however, I really dislike the idea selling things that could be used to impersonate a cop. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) but isn't some of the uniform stuff very tightly controlled to avoid it from falling into non-police hands?

I just see how easy it would be to have one clipped to a belt or coat and run in and start shouting orders like it's and emergency. In a case like that (and post 9/11) I wonder how many people would stop and inspect the badge? Honestly I'm not sure I would, Guy with a badge runs in where I and and give a "warning" about danger and how I need to exit etc. odds are I'd go w/o pause, especially if I was with my son.

Now if you came up and flashed a badge and started trying to get me out of my car or go through my stuff then nope lemme see that badge and some ID first. But a fake emergency I can thing of several easy ways to exploit the normal persons reaction. But maybe it's just that I'm a rather young jaded curmudgeon.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You do understand I have a PIN, the size of a nickle, this is no way, shape, form or fashion a badge of any sort? Or was that not directed at my post?
I was responding to Uraijit's post directly above yours
I'm just a slow typist so by the time I was done you had posted. Sorry :oops:

p.s. I kind of like the pin idea

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was wondering, because if anyone would mistake my pin for a badge, then you don't need anything more than a dollar with some tin-foil shaped into a hat to get them to do anything you tell them to!
sadly I work with some people like that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.