Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,538 Posts
My CWP instructor was against the CWP badges for that reason, he went on to say if you wanted to carry a badge, join a police department or fire department, as their badges have a lot more beauty and all of the authority comes with the police/fire badges. He did have Pins made up, the pins are about the size of a nickle, and look similar to a US marshall's full size badge design:

Differences being:
-The "CWP" pin is a heck of a lot smaller and will never be mis-judged as a "badge" of any sort.
-The "CWP" pin is gold, with the outer ring being black, outlined with gold.
-The "CWP" pin does not have any emblem in the star.
-The "CWP" pin does not have the balls on the star's ends... it extends straight into the outer ring.
-The "CWP" pin says in Gold on the Black part "Proud to be legally armed." at the top, with "U.S.A." at the bottom.
-The "CWP" pin is to be worn on the tip of the collar, as a tie-pin, or on your hat... never placed on a belt or above your shirt pocket.
-The "CWP" pin was created by 2 CWP instructors (who work together to give class) for three very important reasons:
1) To keep folks from being mistaken for a police officer by the "CWP Badges" if they happen to use their weapon.
2) To give the students (future cwp holders) a way to identify each other out in public. (It's nice to know when someone who thinks like you do is close by.) It also lets the instructors to identify their students old and new, as they see them out in public, they know they are making a difference when more of them are spotted..
3) To give the I need something to wear that says " I'm a CWP holder " without it saying " I'm a CWP Holder " types of people just what they want, without jeopardizing the CWP holder in any given environment.

Granted it may seem small, but that little pin gets noticed by many of the folks who took the CWP class at one time or another... even if they are not approached and asked. It's kind of like seeing an armored truck go down the road... you don't follow it and see if there are armed folks in the back... you just know that there is, and go about your business. And the pin looks great on any causal/business outfit, and will not get you scolded by authorities if you're spotted talking about it... It's a lapel pin... not a badge. ;)

· Registered
4,538 Posts
I understand what you are saying however, I really dislike the idea selling things that could be used to impersonate a cop. I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) but isn't some of the uniform stuff very tightly controlled to avoid it from falling into non-police hands?
You do understand I have a PIN, the size of a nickle, this is no way, shape, form or fashion a badge of any sort? Or was that not directed at my post?

· Registered
4,538 Posts
I was wondering, because if anyone would mistake my pin for a badge, then you don't need anything more than a dollar with some tin-foil shaped into a hat to get them to do anything you tell them to!

· Registered
4,538 Posts
right on, Dok. Why on earth would you openly identify yourself as armed?
condition1, Only to those 'in the know' would be able to identify it as saying "I'm Armed". Not to mention you have to really close to even read it. Remember, the writing on it is small, about the size of the text "in God we trust" and "E Pluribus Unum" on the US Quarter... With that in mind, the nay-sayers can do all of the capslock trolling they want to do. If they have an issue with me, they can pm me directly, or have a mod/admin do it for them if they lack a pair. -back on topic- So if you are out in public and a BG is bent down looking at your pin in your tie, collar, or lapel... I'd most likely take a step back, because to read it, he would be breathing on you. I don't know about you, but I do not like to be breathed upon by dudes at all.
Perhaps you have forgotten that this thing is nickle sized? I'd be on alert if someone was that close, peering at my circle'd star, trying to read the text on it. The previous statements of being relieved of my weapon, or being taken out from behind, or broadcasting that I'm armed. Here's my response in order: Try it, If he's got a drop on me - he was too far away to read my lapel - wasn't he?, and only people in the know - Know.

For all of the folks who love to use caps lock, and use them in a "Mine's bigger that yours" context, especially when trying to sway the concsensus to be on your side, I have a perfect image for your kind:

· Registered
4,538 Posts
Actually I'm quite with you on that. If you have a concealed permit...isn't it counter productive to say "HEY LOOK! I'M CARRYING A CONCEALED GUN!" (that was smiply for emphasis and because I was told not to :p all in fun Strangerous...)

If a LEO asks to see my permit because he has a suspicion or question, I have no problem showing that permit. Beyond that there isn't a purpose to me to carry anything extra.

My take.
Ribbing me? Grrr. :) Well, I have to admit Neo, you are a true *******, and that word is *'d out because you can't say L1B3r4L on here anymore... But seeing as you still fail to realize that unless that LEO took a CWP class just for shats and giggles, he wouldn't know what the pin meant, or how you got it, or that you were armed... same as the bad guy...
Unless... you walked town all day telling everyone "Hey look at this pin, it says 'Proud to be legally armed' on it in really small letters, it means i have a concealed weapon, It's on my strongside at 4:30, Look!, You can even see it printing. Check this out! It's a gun. It's loaded, and goes bang, really really loud. It's in a Kydex holster you can just snap it off of my belt, and shoot me with it, ok? I'll hold up my shirt while you do that for me. Remember to remove the safety first, you gotta do that first or it will be useless, Thanks! I've always wanted to play victim, as it's easier to get out of trouble if you're the victim, and not the BG."

· Registered
4,538 Posts
BTW, Enough about the frickin' lapel pin already.
Is everything OK? Do you want to... talk about it in PM? I'm here to help.

I'll stop about the pen when folks bounce up off my "in-you-tees" about how a fucking lapel pin would sell me out to a BG. Last time I looked, BG's want money/items and look for easy pickings. Myself being a big boy, and not a "flashy" person, I doubt I have to worry. I do not wear my pin often at all, because It's not part of my uniform, and it's a hassel to take on and off every wash... plus it has more of a chance of getting lost if it's moved around too much. So my best offer to those who feel any different on this subject than I, If for them to not do as I do. It's that simple but yet folks still fail to recognize. If it isn't satisfying enough to stfu, and move on, I suggest they shove their attitudes back up their arses for all i care, especially when it comes to a subject that doesn't affect/effect them.

We are here to give opinions, POV's, tips and tricks, exchange jokes and pics, and have an online brotherhood... Not piss on other's opinions, question someone's POV, debunk their tip or trick, insult their joke and pics, and try to cause dissention among this forum.

Broomhead, it isn't about the pin, it's about principle. It's called principles before people, and basically it means if you don't like someone's personality, then look at their principles for something respectable. Now, with that being said. I feel the I no longer need to defend a nickle-sized pin, and if anyone else has an opinion of it, they can PM it to me, otherwise, stfu about it.

· Registered
4,538 Posts
No harm no foul, Strangerous. It probably sounded harsher than it was meant. I always forget that emotions don't transpose to text.

:p @ Strangerous
No harm, no foul... you're still in good company.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.