Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,954 Posts
IMHO, I think this thread got hi-jacked.
I work for TSA, as some of you know, I make you take your shoes off when you fly on a plane, and we would question any form of false badge. This type of thing happens all the time. People, and possibly terrorists, will get 'novelty' badges that look similar to the real thing and try to make them look more legit. Then they try to use it to bypass security or get special treatment. We call the LEO's and let them question/harass the person. Hopefully they are inconvenienced enough that they miss their flight, to teach them a lesson.
I for one, would NOT recommend carrying any type of badge, unless you are a legit officer of some form, i.e. police, fire, emt, first responder. The number one reason is for the possibility that the real LEO responding to the emergency might take offense to you trying to play cop. You can get arrested for impersonation. Most cops around here have a huge chip on there shoulder when it comes to something like this.
If someone happened to see my gun and asked about it then I would explain that I have a permit, explain the laws behind it, and show them my permit, if it went that far. Most people in TN now that carrying is legal, we can open carry without a permit. With a permit we can OC, CC, or a combination of the two, with as many handguns as we see fit to carry.

BTW, Enough about the frickin' lapel pin already.

G

·
stutter much broomhead? lol just messing with ya.

I had never seen those badges before until I went to Popguns in Indianapolis and they had them for sale. I do think that if I was to be walking around walmart and someone caught a glimpse of my firearm but seen a badge right beside it (even if it was the plastic sheriff badge from the toys department) it wouldn't alarm people near as much as NOT seeing a badge.

Would I own one? Never! Do I think they are a good idea? Yes and no. As long as people act responsibly with them then it shouldn't be an issue but you KNOW just like I do, SOMEONE out there will pull the badge trying to pretend they have more authority than they really do and someone will get hurt!

I personally think they fall along the same lines as the guys that have 22" rims on their cars.......it's all for show!

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Damn syst3merror,
I reread my post like four times trying to figure out what you were talking about. Then I happened to scroll up slightly and it smacked me in the face. I have no idea what happened, I only hit the button once.

G

·
I should also mention that Indiana is an Open Carry state so you can display your firearm in plain view.....which is where I think sometimes the badge may help in keeping people calm.

· Registered
4,538 Posts
BTW, Enough about the frickin' lapel pin already.
Is everything OK? Do you want to... talk about it in PM? I'm here to help.

I'll stop about the pen when folks bounce up off my "in-you-tees" about how a fucking lapel pin would sell me out to a BG. Last time I looked, BG's want money/items and look for easy pickings. Myself being a big boy, and not a "flashy" person, I doubt I have to worry. I do not wear my pin often at all, because It's not part of my uniform, and it's a hassel to take on and off every wash... plus it has more of a chance of getting lost if it's moved around too much. So my best offer to those who feel any different on this subject than I, If for them to not do as I do. It's that simple but yet folks still fail to recognize. If it isn't satisfying enough to stfu, and move on, I suggest they shove their attitudes back up their arses for all i care, especially when it comes to a subject that doesn't affect/effect them.

We are here to give opinions, POV's, tips and tricks, exchange jokes and pics, and have an online brotherhood... Not piss on other's opinions, question someone's POV, debunk their tip or trick, insult their joke and pics, and try to cause dissention among this forum.

Broomhead, it isn't about the pin, it's about principle. It's called principles before people, and basically it means if you don't like someone's personality, then look at their principles for something respectable. Now, with that being said. I feel the I no longer need to defend a nickle-sized pin, and if anyone else has an opinion of it, they can PM it to me, otherwise, stfu about it.

· Registered
4,294 Posts
Damn syst3merror,
I reread my post like four times trying to figure out what you were talking about. Then I happened to scroll up slightly and it smacked me in the face. I have no idea what happened, I only hit the button once.
No worries....duplicate post deleted and what not. It's what we're here for: Sweeping up the extra bits.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
No harm no foul, Strangerous. It probably sounded harsher than it was meant. I always forget that emotions don't transpose to text.

:p @ Strangerous

· Registered
4,538 Posts
No harm no foul, Strangerous. It probably sounded harsher than it was meant. I always forget that emotions don't transpose to text.

:p @ Strangerous
No harm, no foul... you're still in good company.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.