Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well there are some very nice comments. I do the guy that has seen six blow up at his gun club. I love my C9 and my JHP.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
That's only one board... You should have seen the fight I got into at GlockTalk. I've been banned from that site, but it was totally worth it. :devilsidesmile:

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
That's only one board... You should have seen the fight I got into at GlockTalk. I've been banned from that site, but it was totally worth it. :devilsidesmile:
LOL. link?

I just shake my head at hipoint bashers. I have lost interest in debating those kind of people because they just don't get it. I may have some lovely firearms but I also still have my reliable clunky looking hipoints and still love them too.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
It was locked and probably deleted, lol. I'll always debate people like that any time I come across them. You may get in a good fight, but at least the other side is given, and people get to hear from an actual Hi-Point owner. I'd be willing to bet that I've sold more Hi-Points through word of mouth than any dealer...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am in shock guys on an AR15 forum depending HP? To me HP fills the same sort of philosophy as the AK47, a cheap ugly duckling hunk of reliable affordable (a least at one time) rifle. Hi points seem to follow along those lines cept their made in the buckeye. AR15's to me are like a fine surgical knife while the AK is like a hammer. (this can be seen in many russian designs when compaired to american things, the cars... the fighter jets...). Hence why I'm honestly shocked that generally these guys are sticking up for the ugly ducklings.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Ive never understood people bashing things they've never tried. I have converted a few "gun snobs" to get buy a hi-point 995. They love how accurate they are and how they never jam. Ive had mine since they first came out years ago and never had any problems. I don't bash Glocks because Ive never shot one. Just ignorance if you ask me.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
I had a guy I worked with went from a Sig to a Glock "cause thats what the police carry". He always was putting down my C9 sneering when he said "Hi Point" till the day we had to quilify and the HP outshot his Glock.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
I am in shock guys on an AR15 forum depending HP? To me HP fills the same sort of philosophy as the AK47, a cheap ugly duckling hunk of reliable affordable (a least at one time) rifle. Hi points seem to follow along those lines cept their made in the buckeye. AR15's to me are like a fine surgical knife while the AK is like a hammer. (this can be seen in many russian designs when compaired to american things, the cars... the fighter jets...). Hence why I'm honestly shocked that generally these guys are sticking up for the ugly ducklings.
The difference to me is that while the AK is a "spray and pray" from what I've heard, compared to the accuracy of the AR-15, the Hi-points are of comparable accuracy to the more expensive guns. The only drawback is a slightly larger size and poor magazine capacity.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I had a guy I worked with went from a Sig to a Glock "cause thats what the police carry". He always was putting down my C9 sneering when he said "Hi Point" till the day we had to quilify and the HP outshot his Glock.
Good one!!! :yes: ;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
The difference to me is that while the AK is a "spray and pray" from what I've heard, compared to the accuracy of the AR-15, the Hi-points are of comparable accuracy to the more expensive guns. The only drawback is a slightly larger size and poor magazine capacity.
IMESHO, that "spray and pray" reputation that AK's have is a load of horsecrap

the tec-9, mac 10 and thompson are "spray and pray" guns

you can get plenty of accuracy out of a good AK but nobody ever tries to aim them because "everyone knows AKs are inaccurate" :rolleyes2:

maybe a bottom-of-the-barrel wasr-10 is inaccurate, but a yugo, bulgarian or hungarian AK is probably more accurate than the person using it

AK47 is the people's battle rifle - AR15 is the tool of the oppressor

·
Registered
367 Posts
The poorer accuracy comes from the loser tollerences the AK is designed with, its also where the cheapness comes from and how you can run over one with a tank and it will still fire. The AK is still a rifle and fairly accurate but any rifle will be. AR15's are more accurate because of the tighter tollerences. To me these rifles reflect the russian vs american design philosophys very well. Look at say the US fighter jets vs the migs. A russian friend of mine once said the russian military jokes that "you can fix american jet with a screw driver, russian jet you can fix with a hammer". Because soviet designs are simple. Hi points are simple and a working mans gun.

·
Registered
128 Posts
^^^OMG dude....LOVE the avatar!!! "The Burbs" is one of my all-time favorite movies.
it's one of mine too, but you've got your paramilitary survivalist characters confused

you're thinking of the character mark rumsfield, as played by bruce dern

my avatar is burt gummer from the "tremors" film series, as played by michael gross

i consider burt to be sort of a spiritual mascot in my life

in every situation, we should ask ourselves, "what would burt do?"

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
^^^OMG dude....LOVE the avatar!!! "The Burbs" is one of my all-time favorite movies.
it's one of mine too, but you've got your paramilitary survivalist characters confused

my avatar is burt gummer from the "tremors" film series, as played by michael gross

Dear Lord...how did I miss that? Been a hectic day... But yeah--when Burt and Heather have the big gun-fight with the monster in their basement? One of my fav scenes, hands down.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Dear Lord...how did I miss that? Been a hectic day... But yeah--when Burt and Heather have the big gun-fight with the monster in their basement? One of my fav scenes, hands down.
hell yeah!

ironically though, michael gross is a gun control advocate

he was one of the original board members of "handgun control inc," the organization which later became known as the "brady campaign to prevent gun violence." so, in other words, he was part of the brady bunch before the brady bunch even existed!

more ironically still, he's a gun owner himself and enjoys recreational target shooting

weird, huh?

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I grew up shooting... bolt action rifles, mostly. Went into the military and thought the M16 was a p.o.s. did not like the way it handled, shot, none of it. I always shot expert with it, but would have taken a good 30-06 anyday. Seems to me they were designed as more supression weapons than surgical weapons. This was evident in the tactics they trained us with. Teams of people taking turns pouring a lot of lead in the general area of a target. Yeah, we shot individual targets out to 300 yards when qualifying, but when it came to real application with the weapon, we were mostly cover fire (spray and pray). If this weren't the case, why are military snipers consistently issued other weapons. I am an anit-AR snob, I guess.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
The AR-15 wasn't intended as a "sniper" weapon. That's what we have the Barrett M82 for. If you can reach out to 300 with it, isn't that proof enough of it's accuracy? Everything else is just how it's used.

Just 'cause I never drive my car faster than 75 doesn't mean it can't hit 125 if I floored it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts