Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Dave Urbanski -- July 09, 2021

A California couple in their 60s were having breakfast Tuesday morning when they heard a knock at their door, followed by an attempt to kick down the door after they didn't respond to the knock, Fairfield police said.

A Facebook post from Councilwoman Catherine Moy indicated the homeowner saw the suspect on his Ring surveillance camera.

The husband, fearing for his life and his wife's safety, grabbed his legally owned gun to defend them, police said. Moy's post said it was a .357 Magnum.

The intruder then broke down the door completely and entered the residence, police said.

With that, the husband fired at the intruder, who fled from the home, police said. Moy's post said the homeowner shot twice at the intruder and hit him in the chest area.

The homeowner then called 911, said someone had broken into his residence, and that he opened fire on the intruder, police said.

Police arrived at the scene on Vintage Valley Drive and checked on the couple's welfare. KTVU-TV reported that police located the intruder collapsed across the street. Police said they detained him and found him in possession of "a loaded semiautomatic handgun with an extended magazine."

Officers began life-saving measures until emergency services arrived, but the individual was pronounced dead shortly after 9 a.m., police said.

Read more at: Armed man on parole kicks down door, enters home while couple in their 60s eats breakfast. But homeowner also has a gun — and fatally shoots intruder.

Reactions: Rerun and OldOutlaw

·
Premium Member
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.357 Magnum gave a guarantee that this thug won't come back to rob him or anyone else. He had his chance for parole and chose to flush it down the toilet.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
(Sarcasm on) So what we really need here are more laws and background check to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. We also need a law to prevent criminals from violently entering homes and ....committing crime (Sarcasm off)

·
Premium Member
21,479 Posts
You can't tell most women anything about tactics, and preparedness. "I don't feel that comfortable with it yet." 2 different women both own a Shield9. Both have shot their guns. I told them stick a mag in, and chamber a round. You'll figure it out quick! . :unsure: :rolleyes: Don't wait. Just do it.

Reactions: Rerun

·
"The Veiled Male"
577 Posts
And why is a public official posting this kind of thing on facesuck?!?

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
And why is a public official posting this kind of thing on facesuck?!?
Because Facebook runs the world. If it’s not on Facebook, it didn’t happen. Facebook is the “official” local news. Because by putting it on Facebook, the public official hopes to either generate likes or “discussion”, both of which push his ratings up.

Our schools use it, our sports parents use it, it’s how we get information out to the public. Sad thing. IMHO.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Because Facebook runs the world. If it’s not on Facebook, it didn’t happen. Facebook is the “official” local news. Because by putting it on Facebook, the public official hopes to either generate likes or “discussion”, both of which push his ratings up.

Our schools use it, our sports parents use it, it’s how we get information out to the public. Sad thing. IMHO.
Social networking grew out of the old school community message boards. Our generation created this, so it's our monster...

·
Premium Member
36,070 Posts
Social networking grew out of the old school community message boards. Our generation created this, so it's our monster...
Yes and no. Like any tool, it can be misused.

If you create a new breed of dog for use as a cow dog, herding critters and protecting your house....is it your monster when other people start using them to kill other dogs in fights? Same thing for guns obviously.

There was a choice made, to take a useful tool, and use it to destroy democracy. The tool isn’t the monster. The guy using it is. That’s not MY monster.

·
No Longer Here
25,053 Posts
Yes and no. Like any tool, it can be misused.

If you create a new breed of dog for use as a cow dog, herding critters and protecting your house....is it your monster when other people start using them to kill other dogs in fights? Same thing for guns obviously.

There was a choice made, to take a useful tool, and use it to destroy democracy. The tool isn’t the monster. The guy using it is. That’s not MY monster.
We're both using the "it's the tool, blame the operator" logic; just coming from different angles.

I think we can both agree that its a monster because it's grown out of expected proportions, BUT I'm going beyond the "narrower" scope of democracy and saying that it is irrevocably altering the entire fabric of society. Democracy, faith, sexuality, all of it. Obviously no one can anticipate the levels of stupidity human beings will stoop to in order to get their 15 minutes, but you can't deny the monster came from our creation. It's like Gizmo. Whoever got him wet needs to be throat punched with a baseball bat... twice, because there are gremlins everywhere now.

·
Simple by choice
2,226 Posts
We're both using the "it's the tool, blame the operator" logic; just coming from different angles.

I think we can both agree that its a monster because it's grown out of expected proportions, BUT I'm going beyond the "narrower" scope of democracy and saying that it is irrevocably altering the entire fabric of society. Democracy, faith, sexuality, all of it. Obviously no one can anticipate the levels of stupidity human beings will stoop to in order to get their 15 minutes, but you can't deny the monster came from our creation. It's like Gizmo. Whoever got him wet needs to be throat punched with a baseball bat... twice, because there are gremlins everywhere now.
Old fart here had to Google Gizmo. Now I'll probably get ads pop up on my phone for it forever.
Thanks🤬

·
Premium Member
21,479 Posts
Old fart here had to Google Gizmo. Now I'll probably get ads pop up on my phone for it forever.
Thanks🤬
Don't use google. Use duck duck go. Turn off google ASSisatant etc.

·
Premium Member
21,479 Posts
This site is directly tied to Google, y'all are fooked regardless.
Naw, not me.Fireflox, Ducky, and ABP I don't know what pop ups are. I never get ads on youtube either. So simple even TrashyB can do it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts