Armed to the Gills

Discussion in 'Vintage Topic Archive (Sept - 2009)' started by z71silverado98, Jan 3, 2008.

1. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

yesterday I picked up my new P11 I ordered for xmas, we had to do some other errands and I didn't wanna leave it in my truck for obvious
    reasons.

I was already carrying my P11 w/ 12+1 and an 11rnd and I also had a loaded 16rnd mag in my center console so "hey
    why not?" Murphy says if I've got 2 pistols on me and 1 is empty, I'll likely need both.

so I stuck it in my jacket pocket. we went into a few small stores but
    it was when I walking around wally world w/ 2 guns and 40rnds on my
    person that I realized I was basically prepared for a lengthy engagement...which i didn't intend to do.

And I know it would have looked really bad if I got patted down by a LEO
    'suspicion' of anything regardless of my CHL.

Either way I remember thinking "I'd feel really bad for anyone who would
    even attempt anything"

While it's easy to conceal a second P11 in my jacket, I don't really see a need for it. I have decided, however, to keep an extra 11rnd in my inside jacket pocket, I've got the room, might as well put it to use.

2. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Gee now all you need is about 4 Hi Points on ya and a few hundred mags and we can call YOU a MALL NINJA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Whoa dude, 2 P11's?! Paranoia is something that most people suffer from, but you obviously enjoy every minute of it. :D

4. 1motion

1motion Guest

say a quote on someones signature awhile back... a quote from clint smith

"if you carry a gun pople will call you paraniod... thats ridiculous, if i'm carrying a gun what do I have to be paraniod about?"

im going to pick up a new Walther PPS for my girl friend and they look so nice when the .40 s&w version is available i may have to snag one to put in an ankle holster and maybe even carry as a main gun while dressing light in the summer

5. I just want to know why you have gills.

6. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

Ive got 3, thats the only way I get to have my own 'personal' P11 as the others have been claimed...You know the story :?

7. I wouldn't carry an unloaded pistol either unless I taking it be serviced, etc.

You just had the thing because you didn't want to leave it in your truck, right?

I don't carry more than one CCW just to go shopping and stuff, but that's just me. Many others carry a BUG.

8. In New Mexico, it's illegal to carry more than 1 pistol concealed.... :roll:

9. z71silverado98

z71silverado98 Member

LMAO! that's the funniest thing ive heard in a long time!
    When i took my CHL class the instructor asked "how many pistols can you carry after you get your CHL"

I'm not one to shout out the answer first thing so I let a few people answer thinking they'd get it right eventually

-No
    -No
    -No
    -No

after the instructor started to look frustrated, I responded "as many as you can conceal"

YES!

Thanks for the laugh Primal, as if i wasnt already decided, looks like I'll spend my time in Texas! :wink:

you're correct, Loopster, my truck has been broken into 3 times and pretty much has a nice "here's where you stick the screwdriver" hole on each door handle so even an inexperienced thief could figure it out. I didnt want to chance leaving a firearm in my truck.

Im thinking the only time I'd carry 2 CCWs is on a long trip, or hurricane evac (in which case im taking 14 ccws :twisted: )

10. GlockMan

GlockMan Member

One or four guns it does not matter, you have a valid CCW and if local restrictions don't prohibit the carry of more then one gun then,

More Power to Ya!

11. Silicon Wolverine

Silicon Wolverine Well-Known Member

i regularly carry multiple handguns when i make bank deposits for my job. usually my G20 in a left hip holster, a beretta 21A in an ankle rig. i also usually have at least two blades on my person.

SW

12. If I had the funds to buy multiple handguns, I'd probably carry two as well. A G23 IWB, and a G27 in the pocket.

Some parts of town make me think that even with a G22 in a shoulder rig, a G23 IWB on each hip, a G27 in each pocket, more G27s on each ankle, and a squadron of F-18's standing by I'd still be underarmed, but oh well c'est la vie :).

13. Silicon Wolverine

there are parts of the reservation i service routes on i wouldnt feel safe with a tactical nuke in my truck.

SW

14. SHOOTER Z

SHOOTER Z Well-Known Member

Naw just get a good revolver and lever action rifle and 200 rounds of ammo. Old West time :lol: :lol:

15. They say that Americans are the most overweight people in the world. Now, there's an advantage to being overweight; you can conceal more firearms. A skinny average guy like me doesn't have a chance against pork-rind chowing Bubba in overalls and a straw hat.

Nothing against pork-rinds or straw hats...I'm a bit of a redneck myself...

16. Reminds me of my best friend's ex... you could fit an RPG or recoilless rifle SOB on her lol.

17. Silicon Wolverine

where the pic of the mooseknuckle chick? she could CCW a bazooka in there.

SW

18. andrew241

andrew241 Member

Ohio
    I have carried my 1911 and my SW mod 39 at the same time for a similar reason. I had just picked up the 1911 and had some errands to do and I felt like I was betraying it to leave it in the truck lol. So I slapped in the mag, but her in the holster and away we went. I had my primary pistol the sw 39 and an extra mag as well as my 1911 with an extra mag. I felt very well armed needles to say.

19. elguapo

elguapo Guest

All I can say is AMEN!

20. Mmmmmm, pork-rinds. :lol: