Armslist Accounts

Discussion in 'Consumer Reviews' started by CulperRing, Oct 22, 2020.

1. CulperRing

CulperRing Member

Has anyone else been told by Armlist that they need to upgrade their account to a "premium personal account"?

I can no longer look at ads I have saved and can no longer manage the ads I have posted.

2. CulperRing

CulperRing Member

I have not gotten an email yet, but on another site a letter from Armslist notes they are changing things up in an effort to deal with scammers and legal costs.

3. Got the email this afternoon.

4. rickm

rickm Member

We were just discuss this on another forum im on and from what i get is they are going to start charging people to use the site.

5. Yep. Heard about it. Gist is... pay $5/mo to be able to contact sellers. Think to sell, ya gotta pay a lot more? The idea is that with credit card/debit card info, this keeps scammers and thieves from using Armslist... although... there are prepaid debit cards with zero verifications (unlike a bank card), so scammers would still be able to scam people :confused:

6. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Do you mean submit a fake payment??
    Or sellers who never deliver?

My Colt Python 6" sold and the buyer sent a check,
    took forever to clear. But it did. I got the money just
    in time... ;)

7. Either way. Scammers who uses prepaid debit cards to pay for the monthly thing, then scam or steal money from buyers and sellers

undeRGRound likes this.
  8. TNTRAILERTRASH

TNTRAILERTRASH Supporting Member

I know for a very long time my automated searches never send me emails,