Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Apparently the USMC Force Recon, SEALS and some Special Operation Groups have the 11.5" barreled M4 Commandos in use with some members in place of the M9 pistol.
It's not "in place of" a pistol. Pistols aren't general issue, and this isn't a game, you don't have 3 slots with various guns to fill each slot.

Or are you telling me they carry a rifle or an M4 carbine.....AND a Commando?

Do you mean the Mk 18? Not really a Commando, though I think Colt may still make Commandos.

And yes...Spec Ops gets odd stuff depending on mission. Next mission they may carry something else.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
http://www.forcerecon.com/strongmenarmed3.htm

The CAR15's are used primarily by Company staff who, for some strange reason, don't want to carry the M9 service pistol.
As for standardization referenced, I refer here to the ABU, ACU, both MARPATS uniforms. Its now confirmed that the Army ACU pattern is not really effective, and has been replaced by a version of the MULTICAM pattern, which is authorized for use...

·
Premium Member
9,307 Posts
http://www.forcerecon.com/strongmenarmed3.htm

As for standardization referenced, I refer here to the ABU, ACU, both MARPATS uniforms. Its now confirmed that the Army ACU pattern is not really effective, and has been replaced by a version of the MULTICAM pattern, which is authorized for use...
We phased out the ACUs quite a while back. They started issuing the OCP uniforms (Multicam-like replacement pattern) out through the RFI program around 2014 where I was at the time. The ACUs just had a wear-out date that went on for a few years beyond so that you didn't have to get rid of a bunch of still-serviceable uniforms before they turned into cook whites. It's all about maximizing the lifespan of a uniform if you can.

Regarding the weapons on that page, that information as around 20 years old. Currently, our Special Forces do use some M4 variants because they run cans on their carbines. I can tell you, though, that no one wants to ditch a sidearm if it's available. You might need it as a backup on patrol, and back at the FOB, it is much more convenient to carry around than the carbine. You wouldn't believe the wailing and gnashing of teeth from staffers who didn't get M9s to carry on the FOB, while others did.

Just remember that this new weapon under discussion is for a specialized PSD mission. All of this other discussion about primary and secondary weapons has nothing to do with their role. PSDs travel in suits with their principals and have to go to foreign venues for functions and can't exactly be displaying weapons. They have to blend in with the rest of the environment and look professional.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Here is a video on the Brugger & Thomet APC-9K submachine gun. It's smaller and lighter than an MP-5.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Here is a video on the Brugger & Thomet APC-9K submachine gun. It's smaller and lighter than an MP-5.

I was fondling one of these on July 4th. I had no idea what it was! Never heard of them.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You can buy a civilian semi automatic version of the Brugger & Thomet APC-9K firearm for about $1,850.

I personally would stick with an AR-15 converted to fire the 9 millimeter Luger since they are much cheaper.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
You can buy a civilian semi automatic version of the Brugger & Thomet APC-9K firearm for about $1,850.

I personally would stick with an AR-15 converted to fire the 9 millimeter Luger since they are much cheaper.
I actually showed the guy my Extar9 before he pulled out his B&T.

·
Premium Member
21,391 Posts
Locating these mags (what is the price/availability on them?) could be a pain in the ass. I like the Glock mag lower idea.

·
Premium Member
35,988 Posts
Like this....

41 - 49 of 49 Posts