Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This was actually submitted in late '07 and suffered a stall due to it's striking resemblance to the '94 bill, which many law enforcement agencies criticized as ineffective. Last I heard this version was going nowhere for quite a while. Just a rehash of the same old thing that didn't stick.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
No worries. Never hurts to be diligent!! But, we have to temper our concerns with the rumors and some outright lies coming from both sides. It doesn't hurt to read up on past bill proposals, since that is what many new laws are based on. Understanding what has come before will help in what may or may not come next. So, read up on that bill! Information from that could come in handy in a debate later on!

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
so apperantly from what this list says i can buy a airsoft gun right???????? WTF!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
In short, in that bill they are trying to limit magazine fed rifles and key calibers such as 7.62x39 and .223. The stipulations are purely propaganda based as far as accessories that make a gun look "Hollywood" mean. Bolt actions in far more powerful calibers have been pretty much ignored, so you know it's not aimed at reducing the number of high powered weapons. Many gun grabbers insist it's to take the "High Powered" rifles off the streets, but it's really stereotyping the AR/AK crowd that actually use LESS powerful cartridges.

But, as an interesting "gun ban" fact: Since the prohibition of fully automatic weapons, there have been only THREE crimes committed in the US with full-auto arms designed as such from the factory......

.....and two were by law enforcement officers. All other crimes involving a weapon that fired a fully automatic feed were illegally modified stolen firearms by those who already held a felony prohibiting them from owning a firearm.

Even in banning a type of gun, that only stops those who follow the law from defending themselves. If we INCREASE the punishment for the use of the weapon the way we treat hackers in this country, we'd see a MINIMUM 20 year sentence on these kinds of crimes, and you would see a dramatic reduction in them as well....withOUT banning weapons that have no real threat other than propaganda by the gun grabbers.

Now, I'm taking my soap box and going home after I properly recycle it. Thank you...

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
In short, in that bill they are trying to limit magazine fed rifles and key calibers such as 7.62x39 and .223. The stipulations are purely propaganda based as far as accessories that make a gun look "Hollywood" mean. Bolt actions in far more powerful calibers have been pretty much ignored, so you know it's not aimed at reducing the number of high powered weapons. Many gun grabbers insist it's to take the "High Powered" rifles off the streets, but it's really stereotyping the AR/AK crowd that actually use LESS powerful cartridges.

But, as an interesting "gun ban" fact: Since the prohibition of fully automatic weapons, there have been only THREE crimes committed in the US with full-auto arms designed as such from the factory......

.....and two were by law enforcement officers. All other crimes involving a weapon that fired a fully automatic feed were illegally modified stolen firearms by those who already held a felony prohibiting them from owning a firearm.

Even in banning a type of gun, that only stops those who follow the law from defending themselves. If we INCREASE the punishment for the use of the weapon the way we treat hackers in this country, we'd see a MINIMUM 20 year sentence on these kinds of crimes, and you would see a dramatic reduction in them as well....withOUT banning weapons that have no real threat other than propaganda by the gun grabbers.

Now, I'm taking my soap box and going home after I properly recycle it. Thank you...
operative word: hollywierd.....I sometimes realy hate the way guns are portrayed in the movies.....uber-machineguns that are very unpractical anyways....like the .50 cal ban in the peoples republic of Kalifornia....no reason for it, but it because as far as I know, they havent been used in a crime, but it COULD happen because hollywierd made a movie about it (gona recycle my soap box too)....rant off

·
Registered
959 Posts
isn't this a political topic?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
If it's a gun related ban issue...I myself don't see anything wrong. If another Admin or Mod thinks otherwise, please chime in. The key is understanding where the laws that have been passed come from, and this is a bipartisan issue. Hi-Points have been targeted by many because of it's magazine fed feature, and that falls directly into issues with the previous ban.

But, if you do feel that it's too political, I'll bring it up with the rest of the mods for a final review.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Only if you make it... would you like 2A topics to be listed under the no politics rule? If so I can shut this thing down as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Well, a certain mod did say that all political topics, even 2a topics, were prohibited on HPFF. I can find the thread if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Well, Primal Seal said that all political topics, even 2a topics, were for the time being prohibited on HPFF. I can find the thread if you'd like.
Ok.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.