At the range today.

Discussion in 'Gun Reviews and Range Reports' started by moona11, Aug 10, 2014.

1. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Me and the wife went to the range to practice for the Governor's 20 shoot coming up. First she can't hit s***. Then I try her M&P 40 and the same thing. This giant of a man walks over he's like 6' 8" and with a Scottish accent asked if we need help. We resight in the gun and its good to go. Nice guy. Then I try my HP 40 now this is the old model and every 2nd round gets hung up. This thing does it all the time until you have shoot 100 RDS out of her. The guy says the gun is cursed I almost believe him. May have to send it to mom. Had it 10 years and its the only HP I have had issues with. He was shooting a Barret 50 cal at paint sticks 500 yards out. Makes me miss the Army.

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

3. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I didn't get to go today, but I did take the new sks out yesterday. Once I figured out that the gernade launcher sight button had to be in the right position to allow for semi auto operation, I had a blast. Was plinkin a 6" gong at 140yds with irons, and with my old eyes, that is a major accomplishment. Thank god for smart phones and youtube. I had it figured out in minutes.

4. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Those damn grenades always cause problems.