Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
81 - 100 of 131 Posts

Premium Member
Somewhere I read that everybody and their cousin and brother are trying to buy 80% receivers, especially the polymer 80 pistol glock type.
They鈥檙e late to the party, as usual. Some people never freaking learn.馃檮
There is a metal AR unit at the LGS, same price as the Anderson stripped lower, $59.

In states where it鈥檚 legal, everyone should be selling ALL their guns FTF, no paperwork required. And then buying them back, the same way.

Sorry, but I sold that gun. Yes, and that gun as well, and the others too, the prices were just so high I cashed in. Bill of sale? No, it鈥檚 not required, so I didn鈥檛 bother. Just a guy in the Walmart parking lot. He was driving a black Yukon, if that helps. Sorry to waste your time. Have a nice day!

Registered
They鈥檙e late to the party, as usual. Some people never freaking learn.馃檮
There is a metal AR unit at the LGS, same price as the Anderson stripped lower, $59.

In states where it鈥檚 legal, everyone should be selling ALL their guns FTF, no paperwork required. And then buying them back, the same way.

Sorry, but I sold that gun. Yes, and that gun as well, and the others too, the prices were just so high I cashed in. Bill of sale? No, it鈥檚 not required, so I didn鈥檛 bother. Just a guy in the Walmart parking lot. He was driving a black Yukon, if that helps. Sorry to waste your time. Have a nice day!
Several months ago for a 100% stripped Andersen receiver, the out the door price at LGS was $95 with taxes and background

King of you Monkeys
Up down
Several months ago for a 100% stripped Andersen receiver, the out the door price at LGS was $95 with taxes and background
Way to much. People are willing to pay that aren't helping the situation. On the plus side my last batch was $29 each for a box of 10.

Registered
Way to much. People are willing to pay that aren't helping the situation. On the plus side my last batch was $29 each for a box of 10.
First thing I am not ordering in batches of 10. Such price if it even existed would have to be the price that the dealer paid and I am just having a hard time believing what you said. So tell me without an FFL exactly how you got such a good price. We are not talking about about 20% lowers, but fully finished 100% with all holes drilled and with a manufacturers serial number.
And yes I think 6 months ago when the prices of everything were still sky high that I paid too much.
Ajole said he saw at his LGS one for $59, out the door that would be about $70 or about $25 less than what I paid 6 months ago. Likely today I can buy one at $70 out the door.
People are willing to pay that aren't helping the situation
Hey I NEEDED a receiver and I was lucky to find one. I was not going to put a most essential project on hold to make a point. I figure I was charged about $25 more than they were out the door two years earlier. It was about $70 out the door from cheapest dealer about an hour away in my county for my last one.
Ammo is still sky high and I need some 5.56, but I have not purchased any because the price is still sky high and I do have primers, powder, bullets, and cases some ammo on hand. I over paid for the primers from midway, but it was the only way for me to get them.
Later this year a new primer company is scheduled to begin production
Expansion Industries acquired a facility at the TexAmericas Center in Hooks, Texas, that formerly housed the Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant, the Texarkana Gazette reports. Company officials told the paper that the new facility will produce primers for small-arms ammunition.Mar 4, 2022

AK = Automatic Killer!?!
Yeah, I agree to a point. The bar has been raised on prices, like you will never see $0.19 a round 9mm, ever again... so yeah don't get raped but at the same time you have to understand, especially with Bidenflation, that costs go up so prices go up.

You sound like me though Moonz... I should just stop opening emails because every time I see a great bulk deal like that I buy... let's just say it is slightly more than a couple of those...

Magazines... ugh... yeah those too...

Worse feeling in the world is seeing an old receipt for parts and wondering where in the hell those parts are...

Time to break out and update the spreadsheets/invo.

AK = Automatic Killer!?!
On the first hit from a google search, the price and I will not mention the vendor:

If I thought I needed one, then I would pay it.
Don't look at "Cheaper than Dirt" prices!!!

yeah you can do much better. I saw an add today for a $49.00 anderson, then a $46.00 anderson 80%, just gotta know where to look.

Believe it or not completed lowers usually sell cheaper than 80% because the completed have more costs involved (FFL etc). Of course I am talking unbranded or Anderson etc.

Here is current pricing with the scare going on:
Light Product Office supplies Font Line

So that's $50 a lower not including 25% off coupon. So yeah... the $29.00 each is not as far fetched as you may think.

Work on your google skills!!!

Registered
Don't look at "Cheaper than Dirt" prices!!!

yeah you can do much better. I saw an add today for a $49.00 anderson, then a $46.00 anderson 80%, just gotta know where to look.

Believe it or not completed lowers usually sell cheaper than 80% because the completed have more costs involved (FFL etc). Of course I am talking unbranded or Anderson etc.

Here is current pricing with the scare going on:
View attachment 75675

So that's $50 a lower not including 25% off coupon. So yeah... the $29.00 each is not as far fetched as you may think.

Work on your google skills!!!
Good advice and if I really wanted to buy some I would follow it.
But I can not buy the 100% lower off the internet and must go through a dealer and that ups the price also.
A 100% vs 80% should require a little more machining that involve three cross holes on the receiver for FCG pins and selector and room for the firing control group. Not very much more work I would think, still some machining and the serial number that has to be recorded by the manufacturer and vendor. So yes the 100% is a more costly part.
Now is not really the time to buying 80% lowers unless you really had to have one.
What amazes me at just how inexpensively the AR lowers and uppers can be made and sold for when the market is normal. They are sold in america for prices that compare very favorably to the AK, if not better pricing.

AK = Automatic Killer!?!
But I can not buy the 100% lower off the internet and must go through a dealer and that ups the price also.
Sure you can!! If you have a decent FFL you can get a few 100% lowers on the internet, sent to your FFL and pay him $15.00 transfer.

My FFL charges me $20 for rifles/pistols usually and two for $35.00 lol.

But with lowers its $15 and $5 for each additional. It is only 1 phone call no matter how many you buy, for him process.

Reactions: undeRGRound

Registered
Sure you can!! If you have a decent FFL you can get a few 100% lowers on the internet, sent to your FFL and pay him $15.00 transfer.

But with lowers its $15 and $5 for each additional. It is only 1 phone call no matter how many you buy, for him process.
I did state must go through a dealer: 'must go through a dealer'
Fees depends on the dealer. Last time I ordered a gun many years ago it was $35 for the transfer from the dealer plus the background check.
My guess is I can find someone that will do it for $20.
So $50 plus shipping could be $60
Plus $20 transfer fee.
Sales tax. About $5
Background check fee, need to find that.
When all is said and done for small quantities I have not save that much for the time and the bother.

Now if you buy quantity then shipping and transfer fees go down. But honestly I do not need multiple receivers and that could be eye catching to homeland security in these days and times.

Registered
These when in stock are cheap

20% Lower - Blank AR-15 Lower Receiver Forging

4.8 star rating 11 Reviews $22.99
This blank forging is the precursor to a forged AR-15 lower receiver. No milling operations have been completed on it. It's more complete than our 0% Lower Receiver, but less than 80% complete, so we're calling it a "20% lower receiver". This blank AR-15 lower receiver is a Cerro Forge lower forged from 7075-T6 aluminum.
Unless you are an experienced machinist, this is a novelty item. It requires quite a bit of machining and skill to turn this into a functional AR-15 lower receiver. Our 80% lower jigs will not accommodate this part until this is brought up to 80% completion.
Shipping Restrictions: This item is restricted from shipping to New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., Los Angeles City, San Francisco City, Oakland City and San Diego County.

Air gun Trigger Gun accessory Everyday carry Gun barrel

Super Moderator

Yeesh! My FFL charges $5 for transfers and it gets tacked on to the BGC, so it's $30 total whether it's for 1 or 10.

King of you Monkeys
Up down

My ffl has a flat rate of $10. If its 1 gun its $10 if it 20 guns its $10. Its not like its anymore work for them. The whole extra charges are a scam they use to make money. There is a reason my ffl sells more guns in the state then anyone else. He doesn't over charge.

Registered
My ffl has a flat rate of $10. If its 1 gun its $10 if it 20 guns its $10. Its not like its anymore work for them. The whole extra charges are a scam they use to make money. There is a reason my ffl sells more guns in the state then anyone else. He doesn't over charge.
Definitely the cheaper guy should get the customers. I just have not purchased too many guns recently other than a few lowers separated by some months as I acquired another upper.
I have maybe one more purchase in the future and that will be a small 9 or 30 SC with decent trigger & milled from the factory for a RMR type of RDS.
There are bunch of smaller dealers around that I could maybe check out. Right now I am more interesting in improving what I have hand.
I just fixed a 995 that sat in a closet unused for years. I have some projects that need to be completed.

Super Moderator
Mine keeps it low like that because the state decided to set a mandatory minimum on the cost for a BGC. He's also a State Trooper, so his wife and daughter mind the shop too. He does in-house cerakote, smithing, reloading classes, CC classes, and does basic pistol and rifle classes. His wife and daughter teach ladies only classes.

AK = Automatic Killer!?!
Yeesh! My FFL charges $5 for transfers and it gets tacked on to the BGC, so it's $30 total whether it's for 1 or 10.
Yeah and believe it or not he is the cheapest in the area. Some place charge $65... per...

I asked them why and they said well its cause you buy em on the internet. If you bought from me it would be included... I'm like yeah... but your $200 over priced...

Super Moderator
Yeah and believe it or not he is the cheapest in the area. Some place charge $65... per...

I asked them why and they said well its cause you buy em on the internet. If you bought from me it would be included... I'm like yeah... but your $200 over priced...
Right? I mean he makes his markup but considering he's the only FFL within 90 miles of me that isn't Walmart or Big R's and they won't do transfers, they don't order guns for you, and they want $200 for a C9? Hell I would still go to him if he did jack his prices up to meet theirs, just because I know where my dollar is going.

King of you Monkeys
Up down

Most ffls around here are like that. Just to make a dollar today. Not worried about future sales. I haven't bought anything from those stores in 20 yrs because of it. I stop in every now and then to see what they have and ask about their charges. Then go buy it from the good guy. Granted my LGS is 50 miles away but I make it a day trip. Do some shopping or picking up a internet order from him. The to the range which is a mile from his store.

Super Moderator
Most ffls around here are like that. Just to make a dollar today. Not worried about future sales. I haven't bought anything from those stores in 20 yrs because of it.
I used to tell my clients that I'm not here to get rich off of you I just ask you to just pay me what's fair. Even if I got fucked over on one job, I never tried to make it up on the next one.

Reactions: histed and moona11

AK = Automatic Killer!?!
Right? I mean he makes his markup but considering he's the only FFL within 90 miles of me that isn't Walmart or Big R's and they won't do transfers, they don't order guns for you, and they want $200 for a C9? Hell I would still go to him if he did jack his prices up to meet theirs, just because I know where my dollar is going.
Yup, so even though my guy charges for additional for each, it is still cheaper. If I remember right I think he only charged me $50 for the last 10 pack I got a few years back, but that's for transfer and bgc.

He doesn't have fixed prices per se, because sometimes he charges me just one fee for 2. I have just been using him for years so I'm good with it. Every gun I have bought from him is always transfer/tax and price included and usually at least $50-$100 cheaper than I can find online.
Most ffls around here are like that. Just to make a dollar today. Not worried about future sales. I haven't bought anything from those stores in 20 yrs because of it. I stop in every now and then to see what they have and ask about their charges. Then go buy it from the good guy. Granted my LGS is 50 miles away but I make it a day trip. Do some shopping or picking up a internet order from him. The to the range which is a mile from his store.
50 miles, Jesus!!!

Yeah I can see why you get 10 at a time now!!! More cost effective!!!

Yeah mine is like 30 min away. Have my LLC started and need to have some zoning changes here but working on my own FFL soon enough.

Then I won't have to pay anyone!!! Maybe I'll make my prices like your guys FFL's and clean up around here!!!

81 - 100 of 131 Posts