Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yup, so even though my guy charges for additional for each, it is still cheaper. If I remember right I think he only charged me $50 for the last 10 pack I got a few years back, but that's for transfer and bgc.

He doesn't have fixed prices per se, because sometimes he charges me just one fee for 2. I have just been using him for years so I'm good with it. Every gun I have bought from him is always transfer/tax and price included and usually at least $50-$100 cheaper than I can find online.

50 miles, Jesus!!!

Yeah I can see why you get 10 at a time now!!! More cost effective!!!

Yeah mine is like 30 min away. Have my LLC started and need to have some zoning changes here but working on my own FFL soon enough.

Then I won't have to pay anyone!!! Maybe I'll make my prices like your guys FFL's and clean up around here!!!
50 miles up here is the same as 30 mins there

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
I used to tell my clients that I'm not here to get rich off of you I just ask you to just pay me what's fair. Even if I got fucked over on one job, I never tried to make it up on the next one.
Me either. I only charged bare minimum to be able to replace and build my tools to continue to help other gun owners. Never marked up replacement parts either. What I paid they paid. If I needed a special tool for their gun i did add that to the cost but it was always way cheaper then the other places.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
50 miles up here is the same as 30 mins there
Miles confuse people.
Pretty much. Back in NY it was 20-30 minutes to go 5 miles with all the lights and traffic. Driving 60 miles to Syracuse was a major undertaking and an all day event. Out here, in 40 minutes I'm 4 towns over and only 20 minutes away from Pueblo, which is 60 miles away. I'm there and back by lunch, easy.

Reactions: moona11

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
These when in stock are cheap

20% Lower - Blank AR-15 Lower Receiver Forging

4.8 star rating 11 Reviews $22.99
This blank forging is the precursor to a forged AR-15 lower receiver. No milling operations have been completed on it. It's more complete than our 0% Lower Receiver, but less than 80% complete, so we're calling it a "20% lower receiver". This blank AR-15 lower receiver is a Cerro Forge lower forged from 7075-T6 aluminum.
Unless you are an experienced machinist, this is a novelty item. It requires quite a bit of machining and skill to turn this into a functional AR-15 lower receiver. Our 80% lower jigs will not accommodate this part until this is brought up to 80% completion.
Shipping Restrictions: This item is restricted from shipping to New Jersey, New York, Hawaii, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., Los Angeles City, San Francisco City, Oakland City and San Diego County.

View attachment 75676
Idiots like Bite'em (politicians) make a law to exclude an 80% lower, or polymer 80 glunk,
Then the market counters with a 20% lower

:rotfl: :rotfl:

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Yeesh! My FFL charges $5 for transfers and it gets tacked on to the BGC, so it's $30 total whether it's for 1 or 10.
Wow, you're getting Hosed, Tommy :eek:

BGC in Indiana is $3.00
Most don't even charge for it separately from an transfer. Only one was a pawn shop.

My best FFL was $10 until last year, then went to 20 cuz most were already $25...

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
Wow, you're getting Hosed, Tommy :eek:

BGC in Indiana is $3.00

My best FFL was $10 until last year, then went to 20 cuz most were already $25...
Yeah, you skipped the whole "state mandated minimum" portion of the program.

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,163 Posts
Idiots like Bite'em (politicians) make a law to exclude an 80% lower, or polymer 80 glunk,
Then the market counters with a 20% lower

:rotfl: :rotfl:
I'm thinking 79% lower, I'm gonna make a fortune!!!

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
Pretty much. Back in NY it was 20-30 minutes to go 5 miles with all the lights and traffic. Driving 60 miles to Syracuse was a major undertaking and an all day event. Out here, in 40 minutes I'm 4 towns over and only 20 minutes away from Pueblo, which is 60 miles away. I'm there and back by lunch, easy.
Driving 45 to 65 mph last night sucked. Seemed to take forever just to drive 100 miles. Only good side was we only saw 4 vehicles the entire time.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,163 Posts
Yeah not in Philly anymore or it would be very similar. But where I am now 30 min on winding country roads and then actually get to 422 (closest highway) which isn't really a highway as it has lights and 45mph speed limit... is about 12 miles lol

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
Yeah not in Philly anymore or it would be very similar. But where I am now 30 min on winding country roads and then actually get to 422 (closest highway) which isn't really a highway as it has lights and 45mph speed limit... is about 12 miles lol
The loneliest road in America (US 50) is 1st Street in my town and I can see Pike's Peak from my house, even though it's 100 miles away. I live on a high desert plain where it's flatter than the ass of a skinny girl wearing high heels.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
Driving 45 to 65 mph last night sucked. Seemed to take forever just to drive 100 miles. Only good side was we only saw 4 vehicles the entire time.
The loneliest road in America (US 50) is 1st Street in my town and I can see Pike's Peak from my house, even though it's 100 miles away. I live on a high desert plain where it's flatter than the ass of a skinny girl wearing high heels.
:eek:

I'm never gonna complain again about lack of LGS's

I pulled up an admittedly dated map of FFLs inside a 10 mile radius, and it showed ELEVEN known ffl's. Plus I know of 2 or 3 more new ones, but it only offsets the 2 known ones that are gone. Danny Favre (R.I.P.) was the best known real gunsmith in the area, but he died before Covid.

Pretty blessed around Moleville. There may even be close to 20 FFL within a 25 mile radius.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
:eek:

I'm never gonna complain again about lack of LGS's

I pulled up an admittedly dated map of FFLs inside a 10 mile radius, and it showed ELEVEN known ffl's. Plus I know of 2 or 3 more new ones, but it only offsets the 2 known ones that are gone. Danny Favre (R.I.P.) was the best known real gunsmith in the area, but he died before Covid.

Pretty blessed around Moleville. There may even be close to 20 FFL within a 25 mile radius.
I have 1 LGS within a 60 mile radius. There's 2 in Pueblo 60 minutes west, and 1 in Lamar 60 minutes east. My original LGS of choice sold the business off to some retired air force d-bag out of springs who built an indoor firing range on the adjacent property so in order to get "the good deals" you need to cough up a $45 registration fee and $25 a month for a membership.

·
ROLL wif Da MOLE!
27,659 Posts
I have 1 LGS within a 60 mile radius. There's 2 in Pueblo 60 minutes west, and 1 in Lamar 60 minutes east. My original LGS of choice sold the business off to some retired air force d-bag out of springs who built an indoor firing range on the adjacent property so in order to get "the good deals" you need to cough up a $45 registration fee and $25 a month for a membership.
Pricey!!

Our indoor range ain't too bad.

·
Premium Member
36,642 Posts
Several months ago for a 100% stripped Andersen receiver, the out the door price at LGS was $95 with taxes and background
You were getting robbed. Even in the middle of the insanity, it wasn’t ever that bad.

First thing I am not ordering in batches of 10. Such price if it even existed would have to be the price that the dealer paid and I am just having a hard time believing what you said. So tell me without an FFL exactly how you got such a good price. We are not talking about about 20% lowers, but fully finished 100% with all holes drilled and with a manufacturers serial number.
And yes I think 6 months ago when the prices of everything were still sky high that I paid too much.
Ajole said he saw at his LGS one for $59, out the door that would be about $70 or about $25 less than what I paid 6 months ago. Likely today I can buy one at $70 out the door.
Well, actually….it was $64.57, with taxes and no NICS charge, as it’s free with the no longer required concealed permit.
I usually get them for $10 less, but just wanted it now.

Yup, so even though my guy charges for additional for each, it is still cheaper. If I remember right I think he only charged me $50 for the last 10 pack I got a few years back, but that's for transfer and bgc.

He doesn't have fixed prices per se, because sometimes he charges me just one fee for 2. I have just been using him for years so I'm good with it. Every gun I have bought from him is always transfer/tax and price included and usually at least $50-$100 cheaper than I can find online.

50 miles, Jesus!!!

Yeah I can see why you get 10 at a time now!!! More cost effective!!!

Yeah mine is like 30 min away. Have my LLC started and need to have some zoning changes here but working on my own FFL soon enough.

Then I won't have to pay anyone!!! Maybe I'll make my prices like your guys FFL's and clean up around here!!!
My FFL guy is right here, but it’s 60 miles to a McDonalds or a Walmart. We have our priorities right out here.

·
Super Moderator
25,798 Posts
You do not live where I do and locals do differ.
The insanity is not quite over for ammunition. I suspect it is for guns.
Not to take sides here because I'm an escapee from NY, so I understand wtf prices when it comes to firearms, but that would be the highest price on a stripped lower that we've ever been made aware of here on HPFF since this lovely political climate started coming down. If you have a hard time believing we can get really good deals on them where we're at, then we're not wrong thinking you may have been getting bent over in your AO.

Reactions: ajole and moona11

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,905 Posts
A $100 for a stripped Anderson lower is robbery. Its an Anderson for god sake. One if the cheapest lowers made. The most I've ever spent on one is $39.99 if your going to get technical add $10 for the paper work. But even then I had bought another gun so what $5. Shipping is usually free when I order any gun online. Because if they are tacking on the usual BS of S&H I pass on whatever sale because they are jacking that up to cover the sales. You just have to keep looking at the emails and sites we favor. I've found some awesome deals online it just takes time to look at all the sites.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts