Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
A $100 for a stripped Anderson lower is robbery. Its an Anderson for god sake. One if the cheapest lowers made. The most I've ever spent on one is $39.99 if your going to get technical add $10 for the paper work. But even then I had bought another gun so what $5. Shipping is usually free when I order any gun online. Because if they are tacking on the usual BS of S&H I pass on whatever sale because they are jacking that up to cover the sales. You just have to keep looking at the emails and sites we favor. I've found some awesome deals online it just takes time to look at all the sites.
I just googled and prices for andersons were $40 to a high of $ 67 (Cheaper than ??)
At $40 it will still be around $70 out the door. The shipping is not free in most cases, FFL fee, Sales tax, Background check. Plus there is waiting and that kind nonsense.

What is wrong with an anderson receiver? What do get by paying for another brand?
The only receiver that I had that was out of spec was a different brand that I purchased yrs ago unpapered at a gunshow. Has a legal serial number; the man I purchased it from is a stranger and I got at a distance of several hours drive away from home in my homestate. The pins are too tight/misaligned, but with an BCA 7.62x39 upper it works very well.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts
I just googled and prices for andersons were $40 to a high of $ 67 (Cheaper than ??)
At $40 it will still be around $70 out the door. The shipping is not free in most cases, FFL fee, Sales tax, Background check. Plus there is waiting and that kind nonsense.

What is wrong with an anderson receiver? What do get by paying for another brand?
The only receiver that I had that was out of spec was a different brand that I purchased yrs ago unpapered at a gunshow. Has a legal serial number; the man I purchased it from is a stranger and I got at a distance of several hours drive away from home in my homestate. The pins are too tight/misaligned, but with an BCA 7.62x39 upper it works very well.
If you look hard enough you will find a place with no shipping at $40 buy a couple and save them. Look around for a better place that doesn't ass rape you on bgc.

Anderson lowers are just fine I use them all the time. But they are considered lower quality. Hence them being cheaper to buy.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
Both of my ARs have Anderson lowers. I paid $30 plus BGC $10 for one, traded plus $10 BGC a Diamondback Tactical plate carrier for the other, and it was custom laser engraved with "NORTHWEST FIREARMS"; the local forum that I'm a member of.

·
Super Moderator
25,800 Posts
I can't say much, I prefer Aero Precision receivers and components but I have Core 15, Aero, and Radical on my personal rifles, and build with Core 15, Aero, Anderson and PSA lowers because I have yet to have an issue with any of the "budget" companies and that's what the people I teach how to build a rifle want.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you look hard enough you will find a place with no shipping at $40 buy a couple and save them. Look around for a better place that doesn't ass rape you on bgc.

Anderson lowers are just fine I use them all the time. But they are considered lower quality. Hence them being cheaper to buy.
How is their quality lower. Is the metallurgy not as good. Are tolerances looser or other shortcomings.
I may build myself a custom AR pistol that does not use a buffer tube, pencil wt 7.5 inch barrel, and adjustable gas tube. So I want a lower that does the job.

The BCG for a buffer tubeless AR.
Musical instrument Wind instrument Trigger Auto part Gas

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
How is their quality lower. Is the metallurgy not as good. Are tolerances looser or other shortcomings.
I may build myself a custom AR pistol that does not use a buffer tube, pencil wt 7.5 inch barrel, and adjustable gas tube. So I want a lower that does the job.

View attachment 75689
As far as the ones I have, they meet the minimum specs minus the 3rd hole. Really, the only issues I can think of is that they're a tiny bit loose fitting to the two different uppers I have but thats easily attibutable to tolerance stacking (oversize milling of takedown pin slots, undersized pin blocks on uppers) and alleviated by the old school Accu-Wedge things. Doesn't affect their function much, at least from what I've shot, only the 16" .223 Wylde. Haven't shot my 12" 6.5 Grendel pistol yet. Bufferless BCG might be interesting add on, but I built the 6.5 to look close to the Colt 735/HEAT CAR15 with the C7/C8 style upper, A1 fixed rear sight but has dust cover and brunton bump/brass deflector vs the older XM177E1 uppers.

·
King of you Monkeys
Up down
20,909 Posts

View attachment 75689
For me they are fine. Not the best nor the worse. But they are not the best so they have a lower rating in quality and spec. Your reading into it to much. They work use them. I do and never had an issue with them.

And I was trained by Remington, Rock River and Stag.

The only lowers I won't touch are poly.
Buy the Anderson lowers and enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
22,015 Posts
I bought a Gen5 Glock 26 back in the day. $599.99 shipped, no tax, from PSA. It also came with 3 of their "blem" AR15 lowers, My guy charged $20 per transfer.

I got an email from PSA once. $19.99 Blem lowers. I kept clicking on the link and it was coming up $29.99. Called customer service. "Nope we have never sold them that cheap. Forward me the email." "Okay, how many do you want?" Me, "5." Her, "5?!!!!" "Yep." 2 days later they were on sale for $19.99.

·
AK = Automatic Killer!?!
3,166 Posts
For me they are fine. Not the best nor the worse. But they are not the best so they have a lower rating in quality and spec. Your reading into it to much. They work use them. I do and never had an issue with them.

And I was trained by Remington, Rock River and Stag.

The only lowers I won't touch are poly.
Buy the Anderson lowers and enjoy them.
Anderson have never let me down, they are as good as Aero. Which yes, both are still considered a "Mid/low/bargain" lower.

PSA, BCA, ZAVIER, KG etc etc are all considered even lower for their base models.

I buy what's on sale, I'm cheap lol, but I own every one of the brands above lol.

I think the most expensive lower I own is a Franklin Armory, and that's only cause it came with their trigger lol. They all function the same.

Poly lowers, yeah I have a few, they work good in my opinion. Would I trust them in SHTF, if I had nothing aluminum, sure!!! The poly ones I do have are the first I assembled, just to get my feet wet. Of course I purchased stripped aluminum ones as backups for said poly's. Haven't had to use them yet.

I have 3 poly total.

One in 300 aac 10" pistol, omg is it light lol
Another in 7.62x39 12" pistol, ditto on the light
And lastly a dedicated 22lr, which really don't count, but it works great lol.

Prolly a combined 1k rounds through the 300aac and 7.62x39. No hiccups yet (knock on wood). Not a large sample size but enough for me to kinda trust em. Just don't mortar them!!! lol

Get a good buffer (H or H2) in there, maybe a springco spring and have them ejecting at 3 o'clock consistently. The rear of my poly lowers don't take the abuse that other aluminum's take, because we all know most out there never tune their rifles and leave them stock and over gassed...

Reactions: undeRGRound

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
Someone I know bought an Anderson lower assembly with their .300 AAC Blackout AR-15. The .300 AAC Blackout upper assembly was a Daytona Tactical brand. I fired about thirty rounds through it with no problems. He has not had any complaints about it.

121 - 131 of 131 Posts