ATF backs down

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by perotter, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Today the ATF announced that it won't at this time ban M855 bullets.

The :mumy::mumy:are sure are learning that they'll never beat the NRA types. Plus they've proven how weak they really are when you stand up to them.

"After an unprecedented response, the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms has temporarily pulled its proposal to ban common AR-15 M885 "green tip" ammunition."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...lls-ban-on-ar15-green-tip-ammunition-n1968508

http://www.atf.gov/press/releases/2...-piercing-ammunition-exemption-framework.html

2. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Congress still needs to defund the ATF.

eldar

3. As long as they don't move the tasks that the ATF has to other department, that would be good.

But if they move them to other it will just be "Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss".

4. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Much ado about nothing..... all those people who ran out and bought up all the M855 should be laughed at.

5. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Unless they're a member of HPFF. Then we just abuse them mercilessly.

6. Grumpy553

Grumpy553 Member

You are correct sir! If ATF is ever dissolved most of ATF would simply be merged/transferred into FBI, if the bill to dissolve ATF ever goes through. I have serious doubts about that ever happening anyway, but mostly it would be the same old song and dance. Same cheap suits, new badges.

7. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

HPFF members give away ammo. They don't gouge their fellow man....

8. FlashBang

We were talking about those that ran out and bought all they could find in a panic over it being banned. :)

9. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Already seen a few guys trying to resell it on armslist for right about what it cost..... The gougers have been stymied!

10. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I keep seeing the words "temporarily" and "for now" in association with this report.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

11. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    They are just doing that to look tough, save face. TOO LATE!:D

12. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

Watch nutnfancy's latest video about the m855 ban , he mentions people who have stocked up on LAP ammo have been vindicated and those are the people who have stocked up 5k rds of it . Saying these people were very smart in stockpiling this ammo and they will be well stocked when the time comes to use this ammo

Can't figure out how to copy/paste nutnfancy's video using my dumb phone but it is very well worth the time to watch it as he has some very good point of views and possible scenarios which could happen from this ban

13. FlashBang

14. lsi1

lsi1 Member

i don't think this one is over yet. We currently have a king that likes to rule with the stroke of a pen.

If I had gone out and bought up as much green tip as i could I wouldn't be selling it for a while.

15. Temporarily means until a number of LEO's 'just happen' to be shot with with M855 bullets.

For now means until a number of kids 'just happen' to be shot with AR handguns.

16. That is 100% correct. M855's lead core and jacket keep it from falling into the (i). And it wasn't designed for a handgun.

PS
    It would be illegal currently for the government to ban it or restrict it. It's a good thing that the average :mumy:lives in the past and thinks it is still BI(Before Internet).

For the link challenged:

(B) The term “armor piercing ammunition” means-
    (i) a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely (excluding the presence of traces of other substances) from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium; or
    (ii) a full jacketed projectile larger than .22 caliber designed and intended for use in a handgun and whose jacket has a weight of more than 25 percent of the total weight of the projectile.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  17. lsi1

lsi1 Member

5.45x39 also wasn't designed to be fired from a handgun which should have saved it from import bans.

18. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

Just be ready for Green tipped ammo to show up in large amounts at the next lone gunman's house with detailed notes about how this lone gun man plans to kill all the cops and see if the ATF doesn't spring into action to keep us all safe again.
    Question will Obama blame his Pen or his Iphone for this failure?

19. lsi1

lsi1 Member

Neither he doesn't know it failed because it will never make the nightly news and thats the only way he ever finds out anything.

20. USMC_VET

USMC_VET Supporting Member

listen to what Nutnfancy has to say about the M855 ban , he has some very good views about this and what this may lead to

http://youtu.be/bgyzzzai-Ow

here's the web address for form letters to be sent to the BATF and other officials over the M855 ban

http://www.savem855.com/