1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Way to go there Tin Stars, sleep soundly in your beds tonight, there's one more law abiding citizen in jail tonight for exercising his 2A rights. Effin' RETARDS!!!!!!

The reason I say this is for a reason, had this man been a convicted felon and unable to legally aquire a gun, they'd have said so in the sound bite. Violations of parole etc, they'd have brought it up. They didn't bring it up, so it would appear to me that this man had purchased all of his guns IAW the laws of the state he resides in. How is it that they were able to go in there and confiscate his guns?

There has to be more to this story, cuz all I've heard so far is total BS.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well, that definitely puts me on their watch list as I never buy just one. After my trip to J&G, when I bought 14 at once, I'm surprised they haven't beaten down my door yet. 8) 8)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Love the damned sensationalism, "if these guns had fallen into the hands of criminals it could have been horrific"...shit. Well, what if a grenade, LAW, or tank ended up in the hands of criminals? If we're going to make crap up, why not go all the way? They are basically saying that anyone with a gun may be willing to deal with criminals to make a quick buck. Total crap! Law abiding citizens have guns for criminals alright...but not for the reasons the press likes to portray... :roll:

·
U.S.S.
2,267 Posts
The reason I say this is for a reason, had this man been a convicted felon and unable to legally aquire a gun, they'd have said so in the sound bite. Violations of parole etc, they'd have brought it up. They didn't bring it up, so it would appear to me that this man had purchased all of his guns IAW the laws of the state he resides in. How is it that they were able to go in there and confiscate his guns?

There has to be more to this story, cuz all I've heard so far is total BS.
Maybe they've added more since you watched the video, but right at the beginning they said he has been barred from purchasing firearms since 1975. The Inherently suspicious comment is a bit over the top.

G

·
If he was barred from buying firearms then NJ has problems running checks. It appears he purchased them legally. Why did they allow the to go through. Something is flawed somewhere. The inherently suspicious part made me laugh.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
PRNJ - For those of you not from the East is on par with NY, Kali, and other such places.
Hollow Points are banned in NJ. What kind of sense does that make?

I agree, the bs meter is off the scale on this.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
about like that guy in kali that was arrested (solely) for posesing 200-odd legally purchased weapons and over 1,000,000 rounds of ammo. he committed no crime other than incorrect storage of black powder (he had 11 pounds and the limit is 10). but they still seized everything.

SW

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know the story on the Kali guy, but someone had to have fabricated some sort of story and then NARC on him for them to show up and find out he had 11 pounds of BP instead of 10 pounds.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
From the story, it would appear that there is a limit to the number of guns you can have in NJ. He reached that limit in 1975.
He should have gotten a Collectors Permit or some such to keep it legal. That could have kept him out of trouble.

I hope he gets a REALLY GOOD Lawyer & get's all his weapons back & the charges dropped.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
Even if he gets his weapons back, they may be rusty, banged around in a evidence room somewhere with scratches and dings in any wood and metal surfaces, marks put on them for the cops internal book keeping.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
I'll bet thay found out about his guns at the dounut shop.Looked like a bunch of retired truckers(myself included) who spent to much tine at the all you can eat buffet.

G

·
I didn't know there was a limit on how many guns you could own. Geeez you make the money and when the gubment get what they want you should be able to use it for what you want.

·
Registered
959 Posts
From the story, it would appear that there is a limit to the number of guns you can have in NJ. He reached that limit in 1975.
He should have gotten a Collectors Permit or some such to keep it legal. That could have kept him out of trouble.

I hope he gets a REALLY GOOD Lawyer & get's all his weapons back & the charges dropped.
or he could movce somewhere that understands that he has rights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
we don't have limits on guns here you should see my father in-laws collection he did something they didnt report on to prevent more purchases

hollow points are legal here for Home defense, targets and hunting

·
Banned
1,738 Posts
HMMM ................somthing doesnt seem right to me

·
Premium Member
2,308 Posts
this is why I never post images of weapons or list what I own. Period. I wish more people on the forum would stop listing things...
you all know I am a somewhat paranoid freak who believes in privacy.
OK to talk about them, i suppose, but I don't list things anywhere.

There should be no limits on numbers. Can you only exercise your right to free speech or practice a religion a certain number of times...? right to silence, etc?
things like this NJ dude's problems are the reason I am a weirdo.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.