Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Doesn't surprise me that they said that. It's not like they were going to go "oh hey cool, we'll give up our authority there". :D Although, it doesn't sound like they're trying to do anything about private manufacture/sale at this time unless I missed something.

The only way this will REALLY get resolved is when they march down to TN and try to arrest somebody. At that point, the people/government of TN will either bend n' spread, or they will kick some ass. It's too bad that the bend n' spread is SOP across the nation.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I guess that hangs on what the definition of powers reserved for the federal govt. is. The general attitude of the fed govt appears to be that most powers are "reserved" for them. That doesn't appear to be right, but until its successfully (legally) challenged, its going to stay that way.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
We warned yall about this 148 years ago. Can we say we told ya so yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok, if federal law trumps state law, then the 2A therefore trumps all state and local laws banning firearms. QED

TCA

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Ok, if federal law trumps state law, then the 2A therefore trumps all state and local laws banning firearms. QED

TCA
Yup and I can carry anywhere, because the 2A doesn't say "...the right to keep and bear arms; except in federal buildings, wildlife preserves..."

·
Banned
5,315 Posts

TCA
Yup and I can carry anywhere, because the 2A doesn't say "...the right to keep and bear arms; except in federal buildings, wildlife preserves..."
unfortunately... that might not hold up in court. however Unlce Ted is a strong advocate of the 2nd meaning you can conceal. Soooo.. i'm sure a few phone calls ifyou were to be arrested would get him on your side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts