Ati Fatboy

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by travis9mm, Apr 12, 2015.

1. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Whos got one? Who likes it? Im way jumping the gun but, in just 2 short years for my wife and I's anniversary she gets her diamonds and shes buying me a new gun. Ill already have my 1911 by then and want another. Haha ive been looking at the Fatboy because of the 1911 style and double stack. Ive read a ton about brass hitting the operator and that it doesn't cycle steel cased ammo. But i do like that the mag well is just a hair thinner than a standard 1911 due to the FB have built in grips instead of removable panels. Ive found a source for wxtra mags so thats not a big deal. Anyone here have one of these double stack 1911??

2. talon

talon the banned wagon

Don't have one, but have looked at it. To me,its nothing but a novelty or gimmick. Its bulky and felt uncomfortable in my hand. If you really want a 1911, buy a quality standard 1911. If you want hi capacity there's plenty of other handgun options.

3. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

My Glock 21 frame feels fatter than my Fatboy. Yes, I've gotten the brass to the face thing more than a few times when I took it to the range.
    My biggest thing is the availability of the magazines for it. $50+ for a new mag, and everywhere I looked was out of stock. With 1 mag, it's pretty much a backup or nightstand gun, imo.

4. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

5. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

I have the RIA 1911 full size 22tcm/9mm combo. 17 rds of 9mm or 22tcm. 2 pistols in one.
    This thing is a flame thrower! Nearly 2000 fps from a 1911.

Attached Files:

6. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Judging by the picture, you could probably set your target on fire if you leaned too far forward in your stance.

7. Dagwood

Double duty. Saves me having to throw the target away when i'm done. Ha ha

8. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

I was looking for a compact 1911 and the Fatboy was on my list. Just never found one for sale anywhere reasonably close.
    I eventually bought a Para 12-45 who was also on my list.
    Very happy with it so far.

9. budman70

budman70 Supporting Member

I have an ATI LW and I really like it. Shoots nice conceals well. I not real big so fatter guns don't conceal well on me. I have put several hundred rounds of my reloads thru it and about 40 HP with zero issues. If it's a good price buy it. :)

10. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Mecgar Para Ordinance P-14 magazines?
    I bought a couple of them, I think you were the one who said they'd fit, in a different thread. They'll slide in there, but they won't stay put. They push up against the internal parts of the mag release button so the mags will just pull out without any effort.

11. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

Bumping this up. Looks like ill be trading my beretta storm px4 for one. Im stoked to get it.

12. Dagwood

I really like the Fatboy! Congratulations!!
    I have 3 different ATI firearms. 2 are turkish import handguns and the other is the Ommi hybrid AR15. I really love them all. The C45 was pretty abused when I got it, but I have made it a super reliable firearm. The HP9 has been an awesome handgun right out of the box. The Omni is a great rifle. No issues with any of them now. I am sure you are gonna love it!

13. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    1911, metal frame, double stack...
    Did I mention it's a 1911? :confused: :p
    :dance: "What's NOT To Like???" :D

14. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Itll be pretty nice once it gets here

15. Dagwood

Thats pretty darn sexy!!

16. Dagwood

Dang Mole!!
    That second pic's got all kinds of "Sexy" in it!

17. travis9mm

travis9mm Member

So looks like my trade may not be goin through. Anyone interested in trading for a beretta storm px4 40s&w? 2 14 rnd mags and small slip holster?

18. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Supporting Member

Idaho
    Hey Mole, where'd your pictures go?

19. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    Must be moved to Chick Pic Thread? :rofl:

Maybe someone was offended and reported it...
    98% of the mod actions are prompted by reports.