ATI FX45 Fatboy

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bearcat1, Jan 2, 2015.

1. bearcat1

bearcat1 Member

I just got a ATIFX45 Fatboy. I like the feel of this gun, and the weight is fine. I have not been to the range yet. It is made off shore like RI and Armscor.
    Any one have an idea where i can find a 12rg magazine foe this gun?

2. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

The magazines for the FB are as rare as hen's teeth, and priced to match.

3. bearcat1

bearcat1 Member

ATI Fatboy Mag

I ordered an finally got a MecGar P14 1 rd mag. it fits fine and rounds cycle fine. It fits the gun tighter so it does drop free like the factory one. I did put it in and out several time while holding release button in, and it is getting better. I see a couple wear spots starting that I ma polish some to see if that helps. This mad sticks out about3/8 to 1/2 inch, which is not a big deal to me. Heck, two more rounds.
    I also have been in contact with S.A.M.[ Philippines ] that make the gun I have ruffled some feathers in the system about the lack of magazines. I have gotten the standard we will look into it
    I did find out that they use a 14rd Para mag and cut it down to 12rd. That makes it a custom mag for this gun and is probably explains their justifying the overly priced cost. I am going to order one from Actmag and see how it fits.

4. bearcat1

bearcat1 Member

ATI Fatboy Mag

I ordered an Act-Mag 14rd para magazine. It is the one S.A.M. uses to make the 12rg that come with the gun. Fits and drops just like the factory 12rd. Just sticks out a bit. Half the cost of the factory one. I got it from Greg Cote LLC

5. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I'll have to keep that in mind, and no one ever said "I wish I didn't have so many rounds in my magazine"

6. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Can anybody post a pic of that para 14 round mag in the gun?

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

8. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    [​IMG]

You said ATV Fat Boy, right?

Or was it FX Fat Boy?

[​IMG]

Oh well. Here's a Fatboy.

[​IMG]

9. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

I just ordered 2 of those magazines, though I expect delivery will take a few weeks. I looked up the area code they gave for their phone number, and it's in Maryland, and they're getting corn holed by mother nature like a prison ***** out there.

With shipping, those 2 14rd mags cost as much as 112rd mag for the fatboy. I hope they work

10. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Nah, they're fine out there. That whole "Blizzard of the century" crap was just that. Snowmageddon my ass. I ordered new barstools for the FD last week and the shipments coming out of PA down near Harrisburg were only delayed 24 hours.

11. bscar

bscar Supporting Member

Doesn't matter now. Just got shipping info and it's shipping out of florida