Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

ati install problems

5K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  gemini6x3 
mine got perfect by just drilling straight through the stock/receiver, as long as it is not off by a lot. turned out perfect and still is after taking it apart several times. start all over and read the tutorial, helped me a lot but finally just chucked a bit and drilled.

*** Removed by admin. Let's play nice now children. *** ~Corelogik

Hi-Point stock works- no adjustments, filing or anything. And if you disassemble your carbine, it all goes back together perfectly and quickly.

ATI stock doesn't always work- file this, adjust that, wiggle this and push that. Maybe it works after all that or you go to the range and have feeding issues. Disassemble your carbine and you just might have to do the whole wiggle, adjust stuff all over again.

You can read a lot on how to modify, fix, adjust the ATI stock to make it work. But bottom line is:

Hi-Point stock works- no adjustments, filing or anything. And if you disassemble your carbine, it all goes back together perfectly and quickly.

ATI stock doesn't always work- file this, adjust that, wiggle this and push that. Maybe it works after all that or you go to the range and have feeding issues. Disassemble your carbine and you just might have to do the whole wiggle, adjust stuff all over again.

Sam was trying to give you good advice, as opposed to just helping you do something you might regret.

Either way, good luck and enjoy your carbine. :cool2:
whatever...for every 10 "i have a problem with my ati stock" posts only 1-2 go back to the flimsy stock. If you want the ATI, it may take a little work but for those of us who have no problems, even taking it back apart many times, you will be satisfied with the result...a much better stock than stock. once you get it right, it stays right.

Use a round file to file out the inside of the stock holes.

Set the action down into the stock, then use the file to remove the plastic. Just dont run the file all the way through the holes from one side to the other too much or you may end up filing the metal of the reciever instead of the plastic of the stock.

Also once you get it installed, dont crank down the bolts or it binds things up inside. just snug them up a bit. Take your tools shooting with you, if it seems like its not feeding correctly, back the bolts off some befor you try anything else more drastic. Once I got the bolts on mine adjusted right its been a blast to shoot.
totally agree, i have a little stubby nut driver that i use, just back off and it is fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.