Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
I had an ATI on my HP for 1000 rounds or so. I never had any performance problems with the gun while I had that stock on there. The only reason I got rid of it is because I wanted to use the money for another gun, so I sold the stock to a member of this forum. I don't think they cause problems with the gun personally. I took mine all the way apart before putting it back in the original stock to clean it and whatnot and didn't see any strange wear or parts that looked damaged.

To get the stock to install correctly I had to drill out the front and rear holes on mine to get it to fit, as well as cutting down the magazine release spring. I did like the feel of the ATI a lot better than the factory one...sometimes I wish I didn't sell it, but oh well.

This is taken directly from the instructions that are included with all ATI 995 stocks- "Due to stamping tolerances and metal forming operations, the holes in the Hi-Point metal receiver cover may not align with the holes in the stock. If the holes in the stock cause assembly problems, use a small round file to remove stock material in area as shown in white on the picture. File hex cap side only, right hand side. Caution: Do not file aggressively. Check alignment often during file process to maintain tight fit between stock and barreled action."
Nope don't know about either stock don't own a carbine but this is a public forum so I'm going to post my thoughts anyway. Can someone explain the logic of this above statement to me so I understand? ATI stocks don't fit because of HP loose tolerances? Does HP custom make their stocks for each firearm then? Why do HP stocks fit well if these receivers are so far out of spec on a given carbine? Rant on.. Also btw I have to laugh when someone with 7 posts tells a member with 1000+ posts what to do on this forum, if his answer doesn't help ya ignore it. Its a free exchange of ideas here not your personal instruction library..rant off

Wasn't aware asking for clarification of a statement was being an arsehole. As far as what I don't understand if no 2 receivers are the same how does Hi Point get their stocks to fit? Yep still fuzzy on that. If my thoughts on a subject can make you quit your membership well I'm sorry your skin is so thin, must be rough during summer for ya. Seriously dude if you get upset by someone asking questions or stating opinions I don't think you should join ANY forums.

I've got a brand new, never opened, ATI stock for my carbine. And I can't bring myself to install it. Then again, I can't bring myself to sell it off either.

I like the ergos and light weight of the factory stock. I *don't* like how flimsy it is. I know that's probably part of what makes it light, but that does seem to be a serious weak point in the entire system.

I'm a little confused on how post count matters. If the info is based on factual first hand knowledge, who cares if it's the first post from a member or the 10 thousandth.
If an HP employee were to join and state the facts in his first post, would he be belittled for only having one post and therefore seen as "less important" because of it?

Dunno, just sounds weird to me that post count seems to equate to more knowledge.

I'm a little confused on how post count matters. If the info is based on factual first hand knowledge, who cares if it's the first post from a member or the 10 thousandth.
I an HP employee were to join and state the facts in his first post, would he be belittled for only having one post and therefore seen as "less important" because of it?

Dunno, just sounds weird to me that post count seems to equate to more knowledge.
+1 to that! :cool2:
Almost a gun snob mentality if you ask me. :brow:

As far as why a factory stock will work without adjustments and an ATI sometimes wont... I think it can all be summed up by the fact that the factory stock is more flimsy and therfore has more give to make room for loose tolerances. ;)

Hey I think you all misunderstood my rant about the post count thing it wasn't about anyones advice that was offered it was about the OP who has 7 posts telling sam who has over a 1000 not to reply unless it was directly related..re reread my rant and you'll see thats what its about. I guess Templar Warrior somehow construed that part as being about him because I honestly didn't understand how hi point stocks fit but ati's don't because of hp loose tolerances. No snobbery intended or implied. All advice is for the person asking to choose whats important, but I was under the assumption this was a free forum to express yourself, maybe I was wrong?

personaly i hate the oem stock im just tryin to make the gun work 4 ME not YOU so please dont post replies unless it is a direct anser to the thead. (btw i do agree the ati's are BAD on hp's,BAD A$$ indeed)

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.