Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cover was chipped and didn't come flush with the butt stock. Got a piece of 22gauge from home depot for under $10 and use d my vice to bend, painting it now, fits betterthan the plastic cover

·
Registered
296 Posts
Slick idea ! Carefull though, you'll have everybody here wanting one. But then again, might be a good business venture.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that looks really good, houllama is right- I want one now! :D
hah, my brother is buying a 995 next week and asked me if I made two of these covers, 1 for him. Might make a few and see if there is any interest. Here it is after paint, it is way stronger than the original plastic piece. :devilsidesmile:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wondering how you did it with a vise as well. That's a pretty sweet product though, I agree that it's cool to see other people coming up with new ideas and improvements!
Created a template on paper with the original plastic cover, cut 2 pieces of metal, bottom one slightly smaller.
marked the section that remains flat in the center
, place edge in vice and gradually started forming the curve, moving the pice further into the vice to round the edge, then comparing to the plastic piece. actually it wasn't that hard , if I bent to far, jjust backed it up and flattenned with the vice. do the same for the bottom piece, and spot weld together with a 110 volt spotwelder from Harbor freight.
template=
__________________Start bending here alonng this top edge

---------------------
O
---------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't look like you countersunk the mounting screw hole like the original ATI part is. If you can, I think that would be a good idea.
I countersunk it slightly but then used a much longer screw that went in deeper for strength and it was a allen screw head but didn't have a flat head like the original mini screw. I'll need to stop in Sear hardware and get a flathead screw . very observant! thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.