Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking a while and I bought myself a 995 the other day and had no real expectations from it as I have had many different type and price weapons and was disappointed with a few. As tinkerer I have made all run.

Took it and shot it and can't get the stupid grin off my face
:D. Ran like a champ and accurate. :D. Now the tinkering

1. I see the ATI stock on the ones here and would like to know if the drop at the comb is the same as the factory stock?
2. Also is the length of pull the same as the factory stock?
3. How about the add on pad they sell does it extend the pull to the same or longer than the factory stock?
I have looked at their site and others and did not see the answers to these questions.

I could get away with lower at the comb. If it is higher I would not be able to use the irons.

Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Welcome to the forum Triggerbender. I have a 995 with the ATI stock and by comparing one over top of the other they appear to be the same. The 4095 ,still factory,also appears to be identical. Great shooters aren't they, I've let four other people shoot my 995 and they were impressed. :)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Triggerbender,
Thank you for inspiring me to do something I've been contemplating for a long time... That thing is this:

I took the BSA red dot off of them both, so what you're seeing is just the dust cover.

Enjoy, You're fellow HPFF member, Strangerous!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Nice overlay Strangerous. Answers the question quite effectively.
This thread had got me wondering the same thing.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
Triggerbender,
Thank you for inspiring me to do something I've been contemplating for a long time... That thing is this:

I took the BSA red dot off of them both, so what you're seeing is just the dust cover.

Enjoy, You're fellow HPFF member, Strangerous!
dude, wonderful post, i've pictured this image in my head before but it's great to see it on screen, i even laid the 2 real versions on the bed and looked at them together one day but this is so much easier to gain a perspective with.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the slick answer Strangerous.
So the way it looks is it has a slightly longer length of pull and the comb is at the same height, correct?
Is that with the add on pad?
If you close you eyes mount the weapon with your cheek solidly welded to the stock and open your eyes do you look thru the sights exactly the
same? The ghost rings for me right now.

Sorry for beating this subject to death. I wish I could handle one of these.
After being a shotgun shooter for so long stock fit is critical to me and 1/16in. one way or the other at the comb is a big deal if you can't get a good cheek weld and have it shoot where you look, you can't hit with it.
Even read someplace David Tubb says you should have your rifle fit so you can hit a 6in. group @100yds with no sights at all, I wish
:shock: Thanks

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Triggerbender said:
Thanks for the slick answer Strangerous.
So the way it looks is it has a slightly longer length of pull and the comb is at the same height, correct?
Is that with the add on pad?
If you close you eyes mount the weapon with your cheek solidly welded to the stock and open your eyes do you look thru the sights exactly the
same? The ghost rings for me right now.

The LOP isn't really affected with the ATI stock, but the ATI does offer a larger trigger guard so you can shoot with gloves on.

The Comb is the same height for the first hump, then it goes straight to the top of the buttpad.

The pic above is without the tactical buttpad, but it's only 1/4-1/2" difference where it matters. (in the center of the butt, because the tactical buttpad curves like this parenthesis --->)

If I (BIG CAPITAL I) close my eyes mount the weapon with my cheek on the stock, and open my eyes--- I must raise my cheek off of the ATI stock to see my front sight through the rear peep sight.

As always, YMMV. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, for the replies.
I went ahead and ordered the ATI and a couple mags.

What I plan on doing is using the High Point for the 1 time a year pistol caliber carbine shoot the Combat Division (3gun) at our club puts on.
Without laying out big money for another AR in 9mm.
High-caps would be a major plus. For this little deal here I will get by with the 10rders.

Might be fun to whip a couple of them with it. LOL

Our 3gun started out just to be fun, one guy used a revolver, a side by side shotgun and a stick shift Enfield rifle and was not real fast but real good with the pistol and rifle. Now it has got to be an equipment race in alot of ways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.