Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

ATI stock

2K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Dreadnought 
G
#1 ·
Just found HPFF,sweet! Love my 40carbine. Want to buy a 9mm carbine and get a ATI stock. Was wondering if its as easy as they say and were do I find hicap mag.

#13 ·
I installed a ATI stock a couple of weeks ago along with a barrel shoud. I think I had a couple of hours in it total. the rear hex bolt on the action mount was out of line but I used a drill to ream the hole very carefully. I love the looks and feel.

G
#15 ·
Well ATI stock installed!!! Those hex shroud bolts are a pain in the neck! Thank God for the dremmel tool. Action seem to jam just playin with it, but the gun has never been fired. I just talked to a gun show dealer who tells me he has 15rd mags that don't jam. I'm pickin up 2 tommorow. Shootin sunday.

#16 ·
Im going to try and save you from the 15rnders they are junk and many here will testify to that stick with the factory 10's hope this gets to you in time to save you some :'(

#20 ·
I ordered an ATI stock for my 995 from milsurpstuff.com. The price was great, the shipping was lightning fast (even though I ordered it during the Holidays!). From start to finish the install took me 2½ hours, three beers and four expletives. One da**receiver bolt--the front one--caused me almost all of the heartache. Then, I get it all together and remove the Red Dot scope that came on the weapon to install the iron sights. BIG MISTAKE! Did not know that there were screw plates under the shroud that the screws bit into. These two plates dropped down and rattled into the receiver. Sackajewea! Back off came the receiver with the devil front bolt. got the screw plates out, installed the iron sights and spent another 20 minutes putting the receiver shroud back on again, futzing with that danged front bolt! FINALLY got it all together and it does look 150% better, IMHO.

Hint that worked for me (hopefully this didn't cause any issues): I did not button down the barrel, or slip in the C-clip before I put my receiver bolts in. After the bolts were in I then buttoned down the barrel and installed the C-clip. That little bit of extra schlop made the installation of the devil bolt a little bit easier for me.

Definitely order from milsurpstuff.com (PM him for a small discount) and do not rush the install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.