ATI Stock

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Carbines' started by Decter, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Decter

Decter Member

Hello all,

Just bought Hi Point 995TS for around 160.

Looking to add the ATI Stock to it. Wondered if anyone has any experience, good or bad, with them.

Any change, again good or bad, in the handling, feel, weight...etc. of the carbine after install?

Also, looking for some hi cap magazines. Any recommendation on what manufacturer?

Thanks,
    Nick

2. Dagwood

Dagwood Supporting Member

Welcome decter! The ati stock doesn't fit the ts. Not without some modification anyway. It is designed for the old style 995. Pro mag has hi cap mags. They get mixed reviews. 160.00 was a great price on a ts.

3. MachoMelvin

MachoMelvin Well-Known Member

WELCOME from the home state of Hi Point!

I have done 6 ATI conversions, but "0" of them with the TS model. There has been another member or two that have posted they had done it. I have read about excessive amounts of dremeling. I wasn't interested?
    I am sure, IF there is a will, IT can be done?

I feel the ATI stock makes the gun feel heavier, maybe because it is 3" shorter than the TS stock?

The ONLY other known manufacturer of magazines to fit Hi Points are Pro-mag.

And the only 2 things that will VOID your Hi Point Lifetime Transferable Warranty is the use of Pro-mags & the installation of the ATI stock!

GOOD LUCK!!!
    This is my latest ATI conversion.

Attached Files:

4. Decter

Decter Member

For peace of mind then, how can I confirm that I have a 995TS as opposed to a 995? I bought it used, and was told it was a 995TS.

5. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont

[​IMG]

995ts

[​IMG]

6. MachoMelvin

The serial number will tell the whole story;
    995 Classic will have a serial # beginning in A-B-C-D
    995 TS will start with E-F

The TS model has a Last Round Hold Open feature the Classic does not.

7. Decter

Decter Member

Thanks all. Any recommendations on what I cam do to lower the weight of the carbine, and slim down the pistol grip? For a single stack magazine, that thing is massive!

8. ratchowmein

ratchowmein Member

I have a 995 Classic, that must have been made during the transition to the TS, possibly to use up their old parts stock. It's an E series receiver, with the receiver cutout for the Last Round Hold Open, but without the rest of the components for the LRH (the Hold Open Lever, HO spring, HO pin).

Attached Files:

9. MachoMelvin

I have seen & heard of so many different variations of Hi Points? I wonder if other gun mfg'ers make as many different variations? I suppose they do, I'm just not trying to collect all them!

10. Decter

Decter Member

Any idea what I can do to slim the rifle and lower the weight?

I would like to slim down the pistol grip and find some higher capacity magazines, more so given that Pro Mags are forbidden by the company.

11. MachoMelvin

Pro Mag is the only other option I know of? I have bought several Pro Mags for other guns & recieved a few Pro Mags for Hi Points & I've yet to own one that worked! I wouldn't buy one now just for the principal of it?

12. wanderson

wanderson Member

I added an ATI stock to my 995TS some years ago. The older 995s have bolts with threaded caps that run thru the receiver to hold it in the stock, which is how the ATI stock I purchased years ago worked. But my 955TS had hinged clips that snapped onto grooves in the cross bolts so I had to replace those with the older 995 style cross bolts, I picked up some fancy dress up ones off ebay for cheap if I recall. No mod to the receiver itself or any other part of the gun and can easily be changed back. The ATI stock is heavier than the original stock but for me it improved the balance of the gun. But most of the weight of the gun is in the receiver and I don't know of any way to reduce weight there.