Atlantic City Bans Toy Guns.....

Discussion in '2nd Amendment' started by Hermitt, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

http://6abc.com/news/sale-of-toy-guns-banned-in-atlantic-city/313615/

2. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    What a relief! I can finally stop worrying about what Atlantic City is going to do about their tidal wave of toy deaths. :rolleyes:

3. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

The stupidity must really be strong there..... and they wonder why AC is a crap hole. :confused:

4. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I read an article some time back about a guy who used "chrome" spray paint to paint a toy gun to make it look realistic in order to commit robbery. I came across it because I was looking for the toy based on the Whitney Wolverine: The Wayline Zebra.

Yes, this genius took a Zebra, yellow "nylon pellet" gun, spray painted it, then got himself shot.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. bluharley

bluharley Member

So how about if I paint my JCP bright orange, and I'll just tell everyone it's a toy. Then I can open carry.

6. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I prefer a bright yellow C-9.

[​IMG]

7. bluharley

bluharley Member

I like that Pac Man.

8. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

Oh how I love that paint job.:D

9. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

Believe it or not, when I was still on the job I arrested some moron in the projects that had the same idea. It didn't work for him either.... ;)

10. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Toy guns shouldn't look like real guns hence the name.
    Real guns shouldn't look like a toy either........

[​IMG]

Either one will get people killed.
    It's funny how some of you are so radically extreme anti gun legislation that even a sensible toy gun law is vilified and ridiculed.
    I don't think the 2nd amendment applies to toys.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...ng-toy-gun-won-face-charges-article-1.1858306

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/news/man-police-shot-in-walmart-killed-over-fake-gun-fa/ngw77/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  11. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Not fair. Everything can be ridiculed. Comedy has no boundaries.

12. They are very useful and inexpensive for training purposes. Such a law only would make sense to those who are either uninformed or who want to make the people less effectively armed(the leftists).

One has to remember that the US SC has said that the 2nd also protects the people being effectively trained in the use of arms.

13. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

Then you come to the fine line of air guns that shoot lead projectiles, air guns that shoot steel bbs and air guns that shoot plastic bbs....

Which are toys and which are not? :confused:

14. I got a daisy red ryder and a few old pellet pistols to sell on the AC black market. And my wife said they were a waste of money. HA

15. bluharley

bluharley Member

I bought a cheap spring fired plastic bb pistol for chasing critters out of my Florida room. When I got it, I just figured "it's a toy", and stuck the barrel to my palm and pulled the trigger.....oweee.

16. GLUGLUG

GLUGLUG Supporting Member

NC
    where does that leave wooden rubber-band guns?

17. Lol. I played air soft for years in high school. Bought my first one in 8th grade from walmart. Did the same thing on my thigh.

They do indeed leave a mark

18. Branth

Branth Member

How is this law sensible? A criminal who wants a fake gun can't afford a $5 can of black spray-paint to make his toy gun look real?

19. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Right!?! How stupid these people are. :rolleyes:

20. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

first thingI thought of