Australian gun range..talk about strict gun control.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wizard, Oct 9, 2015.

1. wizard

wizard Well-Known Member

Check out the t-bar and steel cables attached to the gun...talk about
    tough gun laws.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8shFabHrPWs[/ame]

2. Outlaw

Outlaw Supporting Member

Kind of makes ya wanna vote for Hitlery or Barney Slanders don't it? :rolleyes:

3. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

If you shoot the star out you win a prize

4. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    It's funny you mention that because that's just about how those little pellet guns are chained up at the fairs, too.

5. Hell, that could be Hawaii. When I shot there back in '08, that was the same set-up.

6. Think1st

Florida
    I see you went to the Waiki Indoor Gun Range, then. When I took some of my own guns there to shoot, I only saw them do that with a couple of kids, whose mom had brought them there to shoot .22 pistols, and some Korean tourists.

It seemed like larger people didn't have to have them chained up, though. I did see some US adults shoot the rented guns without having them hooked into anything.

7. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

WTF! People are morons! I would NOT put up with that crap!

8. Actually it was the S.W.A.T. indoor gun range not far from Waikiki Beach.

9. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

We just used the range at Schofield

10. Think1st

Florida
    It sounds like a place that definitely caters to people whose only experience with a gun is pulling the trigger on the one that has been loaded for them and handed over.

The POW range was under construction the whole time I was there. The one at Ft. Leonard Wood is actually the only on-post one I've ever taken a gun to.

The Kokohead range, however, was my main destination on most weekends. It seems kind of funny, but Hawaii was actually where free time, range proximity and weather allowed me to shoot the most out of all of the places I've lived.

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Ironically that would have saved the life of an instructor in Las Vegas..........

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCKFzGAfQ0[/ame]

12. A police department's S.W.A.T. range? :p

13. Think1st

Florida
    I thought you were giving the name of a wannabe tacticool commercial range.:p

14. Rerun

Rerun Member

Back in the last Century, 'bout 1982, The DIA Rod & Gun Club had 'rights' to use the Arlington Hall Station Indoor Gun Range twice a week.

That was before they rebuilt the Range - Upgraded hand crank zip lines and sand filled bullet traps with State of the Art automatic target retrievers, swiveling targets, and different lighting sets. The new bullet traps used centrifugal force catchers to eliminate the dust.

Unfortunately, AHS banned non-military from their new ranges.

So, we trundled off to Naval Air Station Anacostia and used their facility instead. It was like coming home - hand cranked target zip lines and sand filled bullet traps.

Good times.

eldar

15. Kiln

Kiln Member

Well if it saves even one life...

What would have saved him is common sense. Don't lean over the muzzle of an automatic weapon when it's being fired by a first timer.

16. I was lol, just yanking your chain.
    According to the owner, they opened around the time the movie S.W.A.T. (the one with Colin Farrel and Michelle Rodriguez) was released, and they had thought it was gonna be a big smash hit and figured people would flow in. Didn't happen that way, but they didn't bother to change the name.
    And actually, I went into the way back machine and managed to dig up some photos of younger me shooting there:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Fixed that for ya.

18. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Yeah, especially one who is that young and small! I would have not even put that weapon in the child's hands. :blush:

19. Kiln

Kiln Member

I agree with you guys but bolting the gun to the wall isn't a valid solution for stupid. He paid the ultimate price for his mistake.