Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very long....

this guy is basically responding to a bunch of forum questions, which should help explain why it seems choppy and sometimes repetitive....

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal Ballistics as viewed in a morgue.htm

kinda makes you think about the lethality of what you carry. i am still planning on getting the c9, because it is the best of what i can afford right now. and 9mm is better than nothing. but it makes me think about moving up to the .45 or .40 when i have the chance

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
No big secret here, the 45ACP is just the round of choice for survival in hand guns. 230gr FMJ is effective in a SD role and feeds perfect, just what every one from Boston T. Party to little old me has been saying all along. Shot guns and rifles work better than pistols, but who would argue against that? Did find it interesting about the velocity needed to produce the temporary cavities, makes the 308 all the more a requirement for MBR. Nice to have it confirmed though from a rather remarkable source that can be used for a reference.

Good post thanks.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i aim to please.....

or wait, i aim to kill. no wait, the first one.

i stumbled onto it linked in opencarry.org. man as big as that forum is, there really aint a whole lot of activity on it.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
People are busy lately. But forum activity waxes and wanes, summer is kind of a low point things heat back up soon as snow starts falling.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
People are busy lately. But forum activity waxes and wanes, summer is kind of a low point things heat back up soon as snow starts falling.
NOOOOOO...... don't use the S word around here. I was just starting to relax enough to enjoy the summer.

are you on that forum?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
No this Im on this one, Saiga, and a few more political forums.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just joined opencarry, and i joined another one too but i can't remember which one! shoulda bookmarked it.

i like open carry just because it is full of information about local laws and experiences. thanks to them i learned about the legality of carrying in my car. they can get into some flame wars over there, so i will probably be keeping my posts to a minimum and just doing a lot of reading.

anyway, the link posted in my OP made me think about carrying a 9mm. i still think its a versatile caliber, but it did get me more interested in moving up to the .45 eventually.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
NOOOOOO...... don't use the S word around here. I was just starting to relax enough to enjoy the summer.

are you on that forum?
What is this 'snow' you speak of? If must be something nasty and horrid if it must be referred to as the 'S' - word. I sure hope none shows up around here.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we refer to it as " that godawful white shat thats blocking teh drvieway again"

SW
we had a couple of nasty blizzards in CO last winter. not a ton of snow, but the really icy snow that just blows sideways at 40mph, freezing everything it touches.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
didn't it snow last year in vegas? i thought i remember that.
Well...

TPTB did close the airport and declare a school snow day because of some light frozen precipitation. But, anyone who has ever lived where it really does snow probably wouldn't have even put on a coat.

The airport did need to stop flights because there is no ice removal equipment here. So, the planes have to wait for the weather to improve, something that only takes a few hours. I couldn't believe it when they cancelled school. The actual decision was made by the bus folks because they didn't have any chains or equipment to deal with icy roads. When the next day arrived--the 'snow' day--the weather was fairly nice; no ice...

It was pretty lame.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Thanks for the link...very informative. Had I known how long the thread was, I'd have made a sandwich and a couple cans of beverage next to me before I started reading it. What I really enjoyed was the simple breakdown of the theory on velocity, bullet weight, kinetic energy, etc. Just when you are abut convinced of what you should carry, the what-ifs and what could enter the picture! Again, thanks for posting the link.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
thanks for the link...i bookmarked it to read - re-read and read again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
we refer to it as " that godawful white shat thats blocking teh drvieway again"

SW
Same here! i grew up in the houston tx area, and every winter since I have been swearing to go back!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts