Back from neck surgery

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MaryB, Apr 17, 2015.

1. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Had C5/c6 and C6/c7 fusion yesterday at 8AM, they booted me out of the hospital at noon and my sister drove me the 90 miles back home late this afternoon. Neck is sore but the arm and shoulder pain is totally gone.

Now to catch up on no sleep at the hospital...

2. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Yay! Hope things stay good for you!

3. bluharley

bluharley Member

glad to have you back! Sounds like it worked out well for you.

4. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

Glad it feels better. Sending you prayers. Our on he!! Of a lady Mary.

5. Visper

Visper AK = Automatic Killer!?! Supporting Member

Happy the surgery went well Mary and that you are already feeling better. You'll be able to get back to some shooting soon enough!

6. planosteve

planosteve Lifetime Supporter

MaryB, I had C5-C7 fused and screwed. Made a world of difference. Do the PT as it helps you heal faster. Glad your surgery went well and you are back home. I can't sleep in the hospital either.

7. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Behave and don't push too hard too soon Mary.

8. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    I hope that this keeps down the chronic pains that were troubling you before. Like planosteve said, stick with the PT, and get better soon.

9. SteveC

SteveC Member

WV
    Hoping for the best, Mary. Indeed hang in there with the PT, since the recovery from fusion is a long haul. Glad to hear the surgery went well.

10. undeRGRound

undeRGRound ROLL wif Da MOLE! Supporting Member

INDY
    +1 Everything...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3TuOQkN7e0[/ame]

11. Now all you need is some C9 therapy and you'll be good to go. :D

12. Irishfanatik

Irishfanatik Supporting Member

I was thinking about saying this as I read this thread. I agree with flyboy. I hope your recovery is amazingly fast.

13. Glad to hear that this want well. I had the same or a similar problem, the pain and couldn't even lift a cup of coffee for months. The was over 20 years ago.

14. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

Great to hear things are going well. Praying for a speedy recovery

15. HP/C9/45ACP

HP/C9/45ACP Member

Good luck with the recovery. Glad to hear your pain is relieved. I too have chronic back pain. I know how painful it can be and what it's like not to be able to escape it. All the conventional medical Dr.'s/surgeons I've seen say there's nothing they can do to help mine except prescribe muscle relaxers and pain killers. They've tried nerve root blocks, steroid injections, physical therapy, water therapy, traction and other medications besides what I'm on now without success. When I first injured my back in 2000 in a construction accident I spent months in physical therapy, but it made the pain worse, and I felt worse afterward than I did before going. Never was able to work a full time job afterwards and ended up going on disability in 2005, because it got to the point I couldn't work part time (4-5 hours a day in sporting goods at a local Walmart) without severe pain. When my Dr. saw the results of my functional capacity evaluation he said he didn't know how I'd worked as long as I had and I'd never be able to hold a full time job. About mid way through the functional capacity evaluation the pain got so bad it brought me to tears and I had to lie down with ice applied for about 1/2-1 hour before getting enough relief that I could finish the evaluation. A year or so before moving from NC I found a chiropractor that through trial and error was able to relive part of the pain and did more for my back than anything/anyone else has done in 15 years. The chiropractor I use here in KY isn't near as good as the one I used in NC, but is better than none.

16. Rerun

Rerun Supporting Member

Mary,

Do you know the three warning signs of Alzheimer's?

First, you start to forget things,

and... I...

... can't remember

... the other five...

things...

Get Healthy!

eldar

17. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Only PT he prescribed is walk! No neck brace, use it as normal just no sudden jars or stops. He did mention no shooting for 4-6 weeks(recoil jar...) yes he knows me, I have shot next to him at one of the state ranges.

18. Tchort

Tchort Member

I remember that surgery, back in 2007. Darn arm was going numb, hard to tell how cold my beer was in my hand. Woke up from surgery and been normal ever since. I hated sleeping in the brace, was glad when i didnt have to wear that.

Good luck on recovery.

19. Hermitt

Hermitt Hey! Get Off My Lawn! Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery, Mary!

20. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

yeah I was down to barely being able to lift 4 pounds left handed... it had to be done