Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... I have a question, but I'll throw out what's going on first.

As you know, I just recently got home from deployment, and man it's great. However, since I've been home, I have been experiencing some SERIOUS lower back pain. Sometimes it's so bad that if I bend over to tie my boots or pick up something on the floor, I almost fall over. Do you think it might be getting used to my ultra soft bed again? God knows I slept on a brick over there, and even as old as it is, my bed is a cloud in comparison....

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Have you tried sleeping on the floor (or something equally as hard) to see if it helps? If you sleep on your back, I would assume the sudden change in mattress could definitely be a possibility. But on the same note, one would think you'd have had the same problem over there as you're having here.

Trying to avoid the doctor like the black plague? Lol.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
most likely it IS your bed. when you back is used to a hard surface, a soft one can cause a change in the curvature of the spine while you sleep, causing pain. try putting apiece of 3/4" plywood in between teh matress and box spring on your side of teh bed for week or two and see if it makes a difference.

SW

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SW, I've already done that, and if it helped, I have yet to notice.

RDFabsRep, Yes I am trying to avoid the doctor. If there's something wrong with me, and they find out, I get put on a profile. If I am put on a profile that means that my orders to Alaska get cancelled and I am stuck in this shit hole for the next 4 years, or longer. So, my desire to get the fuck out of here far surpasses my displeasure of some lower back pain.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts
Have you tried using those little head pad deals that you can stick on your lower back to relieve the pain until you find out what's going wrong? I injured myself lifting a server a few months ago and those things helped a lot. I think they are called Thermacare heat wraps or something like that.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
+1 on the heat wraps, those work really really well. Couldn't you get an appt off the books of your insurance at say a chiropractor and have him at least take a look at it. He'd be able to tell you if it is a bone problem I'd assume. Maybe a deep tissue massage somewhere would help.
Aleve is supposed to work really good.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
this is going to sound complicated but it works.

Lay on your back and have the little lady lift your feet as high as you can stand, she will push them back toward your head, keep them straight.
hold that for ten to fifteen seconds.
slowly ease your legs back down to about six inches from the floor, have her support your legs, but you will use your muscles to lower them.
every other time relax and let her lower your legs for you.
the last time you go up with the legs, hold it for about a minute, you'll notice your further back than before.
repeat this ten to a dozen times in the evening or morning.

I hope this helps man, we all know how a sore back makes everything hurt.

Oh and drink some more water, but it most likely is the bed, did you carry a heavy duffel? sometimes carrying a heavy object on one side can throw off the alignment, try standing against a wall, and lean down slowly until as much of the palm of your hand is on the floor and just hold that sometimes you can feel your back lining up. I know this helps me after a carry out.

·
Banned
10,232 Posts
i would suggest that it is probably stress related (being gone from the lady and getting used to normal life again and all that stuff) and that some good stretching exercises and maybe some acupuncture (as queer as it sounds) may help. my 2 cents

the doctor can't help, in generals doctors cannot do much for lower back pain unless it is related to a traumatic injury

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Maybe have the old lady walk on your back. Mine does that for me from time to time when by back is sore and it feels good, it usually doesnt crack, thankfully, but feels a lot better. Even the muscles feel more relaxed.

·
Premium Member
10,385 Posts
Maybe the back pain is from too much time around the old lady :grinwink:
Ahh, lol I understand it now.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Maybe the back pain is from too much time around the old lady :grinwink:
Ha lulz...it makes to much sense to be wrong

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The wife and I have been taking it easy, albeit still having fun... After 4 months, come on, I don't want to set a precedence here ya know? LOL!

You dirty minded MO FO's! Stay out of my bedroom! Oh, and the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, laundry room, closets, office and workshop.... :p

·
Registered
799 Posts
well i sufer from back pain as well but mine is due to some type of disease so i have to take lortabs everyday.one thing you can do is prop your legs up with something in the fashion as if you were sitting in a chair.in that position it will help the pain,i know i did it for a long time.hope you feal better and thank you for your service.
ps i dont blame ya for not wanting to go back.

·
Banned
4,095 Posts
The wife and I have been taking it easy, albeit still having fun... After 4 months, come on, I don't want to set a precedence here ya know? LOL!

You dirty minded MO FO's! Stay out of my bedroom! Oh, and the living room, the kitchen, the dining room, laundry room, closets, office and workshop.... :p
Well Primal if you need ANY help let me know.

·
You know who I am
9,324 Posts

So that's what was wrong on CoD the other day... and you said the controller turned off from inactivity...maybe there was just too much activity :p

lol I think this thread is getting to be a bit much :D

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, what I think is going on here is you guys are coveting my wife and I am sittin here as she's cooking my dinner, bringin' me beers and you WISH you were here instead of me...

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

What now *****es?

EDIT:Oh and Mason, I am on COD4 right now as my dinner is cooking and beers are fresh in the fridge... If you wanna play, let's go.... ;)

EDIT #2: Shooter, she said she wants a man with a plan *ME* not a boy with a toy..... Sorry dude. :(

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.