Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Back to the Dog Again

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Armynurse 
#1 ·
OK, I'm turning to the forum members for tech answers again. We're talking about the same dog who chewed on my pistol....the Mastiff puppy.

He's now almost fully grown, and today he pushed the kennel door open by pushing on it until the latch twisted sideways, allowing him to escape. He's fine (not hit by cars or attacked by other dogs), and I rigged up the door with a chain and a padlock. That's holding him so far while I go to work.

But as far as securing the kennel latch back again, do you think if I JB Welded the latch on in addition to the bolts it came with, it would be more secure? I can leave him in the doublewide, but I'd have to crate him up. He ate a hole through my drywall, so letting him have free access to the living room is not an option. --Armynurse

#5 ·
Back in the last Century, my gf and I owned a Heinz 57 lab mix that we left in the laundry room while we were at work.

One day, after releasing Magus from the laundry room, he followed me to the couch in a subdued manner. I sat down and he laid his head down on my feet, his tail tucked submissively between his legs and whined.
I called him to my lap and he lept up. I smelled burnt hair around his head.
I gently raised his chin and found burn marks. We immediately took him to the vet.
The vet found a piece of burnt insulation from a 10/2 wire in his mouth.
Upon return home, my gf found where Magus had chewed into the wall trying to escape and bit into one of the electrical wires feeding the wall plugs.
All three of us were pretty lucky he didn't die.

eldar

#11 ·
I have the heavy duty, around-the-post drop and spin type locking latch on my kennel door. Have a heavy duty wire cable as a safety chain clipped to an eye-bolt in case they do decided to bumrush the gate all at once. So far the only thing it's ever defeated is my children because it's so short it doesn't let the get push out far enough to allow the metal 'c' shaped jaw to spin far enough to disengage the post. I would go get a picture, but it's dark and I'm lazy.

Reactions: Armynurse
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.