Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it is the front yard. I have toads, i mean a lot of toads, quick story....the arizona colorado whatever toad is kin to the african bufu>>>>> toad. meaning they have glands that poison or get you stoned. i have a little cocker spaniel that 2 years ago i could not figure out why when he came in at night he would be walking sideways and trying to jump and catch imaginary butterflies or whatever they where. so i went out with him and spied on him. he was catching the random toad in the backyard and carrying it around in his mouth. he would take it to the patio and lick the crap out of it and get STONED. I HAVE A JUNKIE SPANIEL!! he has not done it this year and i think it is because all of the toads are in the front yard due to me not having the sprinkler system on in the back due to ticks (another story) now i really like the toads, they eat the crickets which i HATE!!! i have one in the floodlight that is above the shower that won't die! anyway, i hold no real fondness for the toads and after a few drinks this evening i am going to go toad hunting. now i thought about this for awhile and really cannot use any of my hunting rifles. too loud. so i though OK the silenced .22's.....neighbors may see, ok the bb/pellet guns....hmmm still make a noise and it looks like a real gun......then... presto! i have an old blowgun in the garage!! so tonite i am going to use some of the 4 inch steel darts to try to harvest a few toads. there are so many that my one or two with my bad aim aint gonna hurt.

wish me luck!!! anyone tried toad jerky?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, that was a bad idea. had a great big one just now on the front sidewalk, it took 6 of the long steel darts to finally kill him, the last one point blank in the head. i won't do that anymore, too cruel, sorry toady! that really sucked, and i'm serious, i thought, don't know why, that my shot placement would be great...not. the PPKS bb pistol is way too loud. i have a silenced pump, i'll go try that, if not there is the wrist rocket. just don't want to cause them any undu misery. crap i'm a softy, even for pests, but they are soo cute!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.