Backyard gun range problem

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by bluharley, Feb 25, 2015.

1. bluharley

bluharley Member

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. MaryB

MaryB Supporting Member

Idiots that should have known better!

3. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Didn't we have a whole " we should be able to have a backyard range if we want to it's 'Murica dangit" a couple of weeks ago?

4. bluharley

bluharley Member

Yup. If everyone would just be safe. Well, not everyone is safe, and when some kid gets shot and killed in his backyard, then the politicians will have a field day.

5. Dane

Dane Supporting Member

Florida
    If they were an average citizen, you bet there would have been charges!!

6. I felt the arguments were pretty split. But everyone agrees you need to have a back stop. To simply say blanket and say no one should shoot in their back yard is wrong.

Clearly they don't have an adequate back stop. Most back yard shooters do. I have a whole mountain....

7. bluharley

bluharley Member

So we just let anyone shoot in their backyard, and some responsible shooters like these guys shoot up a neighbors house, and next time shoot a kid. Then what? Call it collateral damage and tell them to make a better backstop? You got a mountain, great. You have someone 150 ft out your backdoor, go to a range. We all want safe shooting, obviously this isn't safe.

8. Rerun

Rerun Member

I know a lot of folk that have backyard shooting ranges - some even have underground basement ranges.

Safety is the uppermost thought in their heads and their ranges show it.

eldar

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I don't see any sort of backstop.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. kind of?

Yes if you have the property, and are safe about it great. the problem is morons that aren't safe right? and lets be honest that is what .1% of the population

So lets educate them, encourage the police to teach people how to erect a proper backstop, remind the NRA to put some monthly ads on back yard ranges into there american rifleman magazine.
    400yards of woods isn't a guarantee, which I'm sure they now know. and will probably make a real target.

Lets just thank God for the "coincidence" that this was the first day her kids weren't home. and remember the old adage no harm no foul. Learn from your mistakes and fix them. we don't have to prosecute everyone.

11. Did we all miss one glaring issue???
    13 freaking kids!!!!!

12. lol i saw that and did this :eek:

catholic or ghetto? they didn't say :confused: :rofl:

13. I agree, and considering how many people are killed by drunk drivers, including children we should not allow anybody to drive a vehicle.

14. bluharley

bluharley Member

And a single mom to boot? Wonder how much public assistance she gets? It would take a good paying job to support that household.

15. We should outlaw fornication, look what it causes...:rolleyes:

16. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    I'm guessing Catholic. Otherwise the bullets wouldn't have surprised her.

17. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Not that bad when child support gets split up ten ways.

18. 13 kids and 15 baby daddy

19. Bamaboy

Bamaboy Member

I went to Lowes a new piece of outdoor window glass doesn't cost thousands of dollars but unwed baby momma's sure do!
    Dude learn to aim and build a proper backstop, woman stop getting knocked up BC pills don't cost that much.

20. 45Man

45Man Member

You missed this, too:
    According to Bryan, she has received two estimates to repair the damage and said it will cost between $4,000 and $6,000.