Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range on Saturday and let a friend shoot my C9, he shot about 4 rounds and then a fail to fire. I have never had the issue before. Well the cease fire was called and I didn't have time to mess with it and wasn't sure if it was a bad round, something the gun did or something he did. Well I went back today to check it out, it is the gun, seems to be a weak strike of the firing pin (but not every round would FTF). I haven't taken her apart yet. I'm hoping its something obvious.... So I put the C9 back in the bag and get out the 995, about 20 rounds into that session and the front sight base comes loose and the barrel shroud pops off. I didn't have any allen wrenches in my range bag so my day was done. I'm glad I was by myself since my Hi Points were misbehaving.

I have a ATI stock waiting at the LGS so I wont be putting the 995 back together, I may just send the C9 back to mother for a check up and cleaning, I figured it has about 2k rounds through it give or take.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have had lite strikes on the primers before. Mine were due to a weak firing pin spring. I have asked for a couple of firing pins before and they almost always send an updated spring with it. The last spring I got was a set of two and the issue disappeared.

As for the front sight loosing up, yup it happened to me also. Blue Locktite works great and you still can remove the sight when needed.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Thanks for the locktite tip. Even a bad day at teh range is better than a good day at work though ^-^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.