Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner

Bad mag release on my 995?

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  995spud 
#1 ·
All of a sudden, my mags don't fall free when I push the mag release. You have to pull them down, then after you pull them about an inch or so, they hang up again and won't come out until you push the mag release button again!

I have 5 mags, and the problem occurs on all 5, so I don't think it's the mag.

I've looked down into the magwell with a light and I can't see anything unusual. The gun is about 18 months old and has maybe 2K rounds thru it, with no previous problems.

Bad mag release???

G
#2 ·
Don't fall for Darrell's cheap crap. Hi point will take it back. They fix everything and their shop is like minutes from Ft. Hood. PM me and I'll give you the address here in Texas. Oh, and Thanks in advance

G
#3 ·
The older 995 had a cheaper potters metal mag release and a weak spring. Call HP and they will have a new steel rod, spring, and button assembly out to you in a few days. Takes about 5 minutes to drop it in, or you can send it back to them and they will do it free of charge.

It happen on my 995.

#4 ·
Yeah, call them up and describe the problem. I actually broke my mag release by forcing it (it had a hairline crack in that got worse through use). They sent me a new one that looked slightly different, had collars on the pin, and it worked like a dream. Didn't need to send the whole gun, they just sent the replacement part.

#5 ·
The older 995 had a cheaper potters metal mag release and a weak spring. Call HP and they will have a new steel rod, spring, and button assembly out to you in a few days. Takes about 5 minutes to drop it in, or you can send it back to them and they will do it free of charge.

It happen on my 995.
Even older 995s have plastic mag releases. Mine snapped in half.

#7 ·
Called Hi-point Friday morning. New mag release arrived in the mail today, (Wednesday) along with a redesigned firing pin and spring set I asked for. Mags now lock in with a good solid click and drop free. Another thumbs-up for Hi-point customer service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.