Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two magazines out of the five that I own for my 995 that are constant problem children. Visually, they don't appear any different from the others at the feed lips, and all have been stored loaded for at least two weeks. What I'm getting out of these magazines is what appears to be double feeds... The bolt fails to go into battery and inspection reveals a round pointed upwards at a 45 degree angle just outside the chamber. When I drop the mag to clear the jam two loose rounds fall out.

I'm stumped, but would rather go for an at home fix if possible versus sending them back.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Take the mags apart and inspect/clean them. There may be a burr or some kinda goop inside that is hindering the follower or spring. You can also use some fine grit sandpaper and smooth the rough spots on the feed lips. Other than that, use a micrometer and measure them. I'm on the fence about adjusting feed lips, though.

·
Banned
19,454 Posts
also take a dowel or other object similarly shaped and work the follower up and down 20 or thirty times. this should work the burrs out of the inside. if they still dont work, call HP and have them warrantied.

SW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts