·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Shopfox

·
Banned
129 Posts
I have one of these I use if going places and wearing clothing you just can't hide a gun.
Looks like a small pack, made by a back packing outdoors company. Better than one that looks all military like.
You may laugh but you wouldn't want to call that a sissy pack to my cousin in Kansas.
Actually made for conceal carry. It's a sling and rests on your side by your hip.

Kelty gun tote.jpg

CC sling.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one of these I use if going places and wearing clothing you just can't hide a gun.
Looks like a small pack, made by a back packing outdoors company. Better than one that looks all military like.
You may laugh but you wouldn't want to call that a sissy pack to my cousin in Kansas.
Actually made for conceal carry. It's a sling and rests on your side by your hip.

View attachment 66241
View attachment 66239
I carry one similar every day. I do like a sling bag as long as the load stays at around 10 lbs or less.

Helikon Tex EDC Sling Bag. (Mine doesn't have a GLOCK in it...don't be confusing me with @TNTRAILERTRASH
BBF85D1D-43DC-4E81-AF72-5043D36653F8.jpeg

E6FCCADB-86F5-4081-B57D-9C57A8889C71.jpeg

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cargo pants and a good holster for me. I ain't nobody's pack horse.
'splain the difference between A pouch sewn into your pants (cargo pocket) and one you can take on an off?

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I am going to carry a bag that big, I am going to start carrying my 44 magnum super RedHawk. What do you all think about Underwood 340 grain +P+ as carry ammo?
I would say that you were trying to compensate for other....inadequacies. Standard 240 grain JHP is sufficient.

·
Premium Member
35,651 Posts
It’s not about where it fits. It’s about how fast you can get it out. If I don’t have a “tech pocket”, I keep my phone in cargo pockets. I miss a lot of calls. No way I’m putting a gun in there.

·
Premium Member
9,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not about where it fits. It's about how fast you can get it out. If I don't have a "tech pocket", I keep my phone in cargo pockets. I miss a lot of calls. No way I'm putting a gun in there.
The Helikon Tex EDC sling bag has a tab that allows you to quickly access the innards of the bag.
9114AA60-863A-4A58-BDB9-1E981EB2E2EF.jpeg

My dress at work requires that I use a tuckable holster. I have to untuck my shirt in order to get to my concealed carry. I have taught myself to use my thumb and trigger finger to untuck the shirt while using the other 3 fingers to draw the handgun. It's a bit clumsy and my preference is to just rely on my BUG which is carried in my front pocket. My primary stays in the EDC sling bag.

The EDC bag is either by my side or locked up in my office. I am not a real fan of off body carry. And I do realize that I could be approached from behind if I have my bag slung grab the tab and have access. My options. Do not expose the tab, Sling the bag for frontal carry, or preferably the pistol goes on the belt in a retention holster. On a positive note. The draw is extremely fast from the EDC bag. It does tale 2 hands, the weak hand accesses the draw tab while the strong hand draws the firearm.

Reactions: ajole and Bullitt68

·
Banned
129 Posts
I like that tab on that one greg. Might sew one on mine. The string pulls do a good job oof opening it up fast. No one even thinks I might be carrying a gun in mine since it's a kelty pack.
These are good for OLD FAT ff'R'S that can't CC!

·
Premium Member
8,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,230 Posts
Capture+_2020-07-26-16-13-32~2.png
This is my beach bag. I can put two 24oz. Kleen Kanteens, snacks, and sun block in it, and it has a Velcro quick-access pouch, which accommodates my Glock 30SF, and it holds a pair of 13-round magazines in the dividers in the outside pocket. It also has a pouch for sunglasses and a mesh internal pocket at the top of the main compartment's interior for keys and Chapstick.

The sling can be adjusted to accommodate slinging across either the left or the right shoulder.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts