So, I got a new scope recently (Primary Arms 1-6X) and it comes with this really awesome BDC reticle that is supposedly good all the way out to 800 yards. The problem is, it's only good for certain kinds of ammo, so I decided I needed to start working on making my own loads to match it. I think it's a neat system I've worked up, so I figured I'd share it, and if anyone has suggestions to how I can improve it, please let me know and I'll give it a try! I tracked down somewhere online where someone got data on how many MOA each of the BDC levels were calculated for, and got to work with some ballistics programs and spreadsheets. I put in the MOA drop on the BDC in one column on the spreadsheet, and then I opened up Sierra's website to pull BC info for the bullets I want, and then Hornady's ballistics calculator to get bullet drop data, and started fiddling around with it to get bullet drop data. I put that in another column next to the BDC data, and put them on a graph so I can get a visual representation of the bullet path. I then fiddled with muzzle velocity and zero distance to get the bullet path to match the BDC values as closely as possible. I did this with several bullets, and once I got them as close as I felt was possible, I started looking online to see if it would be possible to get that kind of performance. That's a whole other ball of wax that involved searching online for data on chrono data with my barrel length, comparing it to published data and muzzle velocities, and trying to ballpark how much increases in powder would increase muzzle velocities, but it's all back-of-the-napkin stuff until I finally buy a chronograph and get real-world data. Anyway, here's some of the work I did. Here are the bullet drop tables and one of the final loads plotted against the bullet drop. You can see that on the right side of the tables I calculated the difference between the reticle subtensions and the projected bullet drop, both in MOA and in actual inches on target.