1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
When I saw the balloon, I knew it wouldn't have enough lift to carry a boy... it may be able to drag the boy in high winds, but carry? Nope.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
In the video when they "freak out" it looks staged, they look like they are forcing the emotions.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.

·
You know who I am
9,304 Posts
Anybody with much sense would have known it was fake. Mythbusters did a special on balloons lifting children and it took an INSANE amount of balloons to get a child about 5' off the ground.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame.
Yeah but, their 15 min. of fame might cost us tax payers a lot of money...just my 2 cents.
Yeah considering the National Guard was called in to help.

·
Banned
10,831 Posts
In the video when they "freak out" it looks staged, they look like they are forcing the emotions.
You caught that too huh. It just didn't feel real.
Yeah, it was instant too, they honestly looked stupid.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
I heard something about the USAF putting F-15's or F-16's in the air to track the balloon as it was on it's "journey". I'd love it if they charged those guys for the price of the jet fuel. An F-15 can carry 5,000 gallons of JP-8 max at $3.50 a gallon. That'd be priceless.... I hope they brought their MasterCard.

·
Premium Member
10,285 Posts
From the pic I saw the balloon was sealed and had no point of access.  Also while flying it seemed not to have any kind of weight in it.  It was barely flying on its own, let alone with a child inside.

·
Banned
290 Posts
hearing the theme from "COPS" in the back of my mind,,heard somthing from the husband about "not being arrested in front of his family",,if i was a leo i would pull him out into his front yard and do it right in front of all the cameras,,ya want a "reality" show ya got one,,ya pull a hoax like this ya go to jail hows that for reality,,and by the way explain to you're family where thier gonna live when we take you're monies to pay for us retrivieng you're alien space ship,,have a nice day!

·
Banned
5,286 Posts
I think they should be drug out in the street and shot..

·
Registered
23 Posts
heard somthing from the husband about "not being arrested in front of his family",,if i was a leo i would pull him out into his front yard and do it right in front of all the cameras,,ya want a "reality" show ya got one,,ya pull a hoax like this ya go to jail hows that for reality,,and by the way explain to you're family where thier gonna live when we take you're monies to pay for us retrivieng you're alien space ship,,have a nice day!
+1 on that.......but some dumbasses pay to see this crap, some judge will take it easy on him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts