Baltimore.....

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by jaxfl, Apr 28, 2015.

1. What a friking zoo that is turning into. The Mayor tell them to destroy the area. And the thing that is really confusing is that this is BLACK on BLACK. I mean the President, the AG, The Mayor, the Police Chief, the Mayor's staff are all black and they are still looting and destroying the city. They are showing no respect for Gray that was killed, or just died. The investigation is not over yet. And all this for Gray that has more than 18 arrests.... no wonder he ran.

2. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    Since Ferguson, the new trend seems to be for officials to encourage the rioters and then decry the destruction when it is over.

Edit: What happened to Gray was unconscionable, but this completely overshadowed what happened to him.

3. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

I found it interesting that some of the interviews with local residents justified the rioting and looting, one even going so far as to say that each of the rioters have their own "story to tell."

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

4. Think1st

Florida
    Yep; stories about all the free sh!# they stole and the inoccent bystanders they stomped.

5. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Once again..... ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1430232720.280474.jpg

6. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

7. There was even a guy on CNN last night basically saying that black people have died in the streets for to long, and they are starting a revolution.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Gee...that should end well.:rolleyes:

9. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Yes, that will totally prevent more people dying in the streets, just like it did at Kent.

I watched the video of the police in full retreat from the rioters. The rioters were throwing frick'n stones! The police had riot shield and, as far as I could tell, none of them were injured by the paving stones being thrown. The police were armed with shields, batons, and guns.

The only thing that kept the rioters from being mowed down is that the police didn't feel like killing any of them. If they'd taking the Napoleon Bonaparte theory on quelling riots, it would have been a bloodbath with zero casualties for the police.

These people have no idea how good we have it today in terms of police abuse of authority compared to pretty much any other time in the history of the earth.

<scoffing> pft. "Revolution," my untanned, no sun gett'n, slug white hinie.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. Think1st

Florida
    Doctrine on controlling civil disturbances says that too prominent of a law enforcement presence can agitate peaceful demonstrators into escalating to violence. Nevertheless, when the demonstrators decide to resort to violence from the beginning, the authorities need to bolster their formations and move up along the use of force continuum. Once a demonstration turns into a riot, it must be decisively crushed before it can gain momentum, thereby mitigating further loss of life and/or property.

The problem with Baltimore's approach is that the mayor is continuing to live in a dream world in which the scum will play nice if the police play nice. It doesn't work that way in the real world.

She should be recalled if she won't resign.

11. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Precisely.

However, the thing many don't or won't see is this...the loss of life and property we may save ISN'T the lives and property involved in this incident, it is the lives and property that will NOT be lost in the NEXT incident, as people learn how not to act, based on the example we set here, by kicking ass and taking names.;)

Straight up truth.:)

Not that the liberal mind set will admit this. They still think cops are the guilty ones in high speed chases, and they buy the idea that you put your gun down and let the bad guy get away with the hostage.

12. SO does anyone expect the "curfew" put in place to stop anything?
    I think a lot of people will get arrested, and then they will just keep doing what they want.

MY wife asked me last night in not exactl words "i bet if they stopped using rubber bullets and just shot someone the rioters would quickly retreat"

Which i agree with. at the same time, If i was in the police position i would probably struggle with the idea of pulling the trigger when confronted with a crowd.

13. Bull

14. Bull

And they're smart enough not to pull this crap in the suburbs, where folks have guns, lots of bullets, and a penchant for defending their lives, homes, and belongings....

15. Back2School

Back2School Member

I have to disagree here (again). While I think Enos was a nice enough guy, I always pulled for those poor Duke boys who were unjustly persecuted for runnin' shine. :D

16. Branth

Branth Member

I doubt it would quell the riots. I think it would make it a LOT worse. They're this up in arms over a guy who broke his neck because the cops didn't seatbelt him. How bad do you think it would be if the cops started shooting people?

We all know that gun laws don't stop people from getting guns, and if things escalated to gunfire in Baltimore, there'd be a whole lot of dead cops, and a whole lot more dead civilians, and a lot of unfortunate souls caught in the crossfire just trying to survive in their home city.

17. ekim

ekim Member

I'll ask this question "if it was your property / life being torn apart would you stand by and watch, call 911 or lock and load"! Would it be legal and your right to stand your ground?

18. bluharley

bluharley Member

That guys spine was broke before he got in that van. He was screaming in pain and couldn't use his legs. He was broken on the sidewalk by a 300 lb knee.

19. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

Ah yes. The Duke's. Both old and new.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtfsk4ETjM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPtfsk4ETjM[/ame]

What were we talking about? I, um... got distracted...

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk