Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new sweetie is living in Bama right now. IIRC she can carry concealed without a permit(?) She's really a permanent resident of NC for now. Going to switch to Bama. She will be getting her permit soon. I am concerned for her safety traveling through Birmingham etc, on the road in general, and where she is staying.

I was told Georgia is okay driving with it in the car. No idea on NC.

She has a 9mm.

IIRC they have a no gun sign on rest area buildings. Really?

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
From NCDPS
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Event

Reactions: Rerun and moona11

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Alabama is still a concealed carry permit required state. They have been working to change it to a constitutional carry state for a couple of years now, but haven’t got it done yet.

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alabama is still a concealed carry permit required state. They have been working to change it to a constitutional carry state for a couple of years now, but haven’t got it done yet.
At the LGS they told me you can carry concealed without a permit. However, when in the car ammo and gun are separate, can't be concealed. But it can be out in the open IIRC. Weird stuff.

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The clerk pissed me off that place. Pointing the guns, etc. Really pissed. I had to walk away. Last Resort Guns in Madison.

·
Premium Member
36,320 Posts
WTF does “openly displayed” mean? That’s STOOPID talk. Laying on your passenger seat? On your hip? On the dash? Brandishing it?

There’s NO way to win that argument if the cop says you were wrong.

Reactions: adam01364

·
Super Moderator
9,674 Posts
WTF does “openly displayed” mean? That’s STOOPID talk. Laying on your passenger seat? On your hip? On the dash? Brandishing it?

There’s NO way to win that argument if the cop says you were wrong.
Actually it’s pretty clear. And used across the country. It simply means to carry in view of others.

·
Premium Member
21,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Y
Actually it’s pretty clear. And used across the country. It simply means to carry in view of others.
What's stupid is you can't open carry in your vehicle without a permit, If I heard the people at the gun store right. That whole experience had my brain rattling around like a pin ball.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yes, that is correct.

The way that it was explained to me is this.If you are sitting in the car, A gun on your side is hard to see from the outside of the car. So it is basically concealed by the car itself.
I don’t agree with it, but that was the logic used when writing the law.

·
Premium Member
6,602 Posts
Yes, that is correct.

The way that it was explained to me is this.If you are sitting in the car, A gun on your side is hard to see from the outside of the car. So it is basically concealed by the car itself.
I don’t agree with it, but that was the logic used when writing the law.
In some cities/States you can be charged if it is "concealed under cover of darkness".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts