Bank Robbers

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by 0311, Apr 16, 2015.

1. 0311

0311 Member

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. HiPointArmorer

HiPointArmorer Member

WA
    You might be right, but from what I saw the other robber had a C9 Comp. I wonder how much they got away with.

3. tallbump

tallbump Supporting Member

At least he's got his booger hook of the bang switch

4. I do like that this criminal practices safety.

5. Think1st

Think1st Supporting Member

Florida
    From that image, I had suspicions that they were former LE or military, and that was just what the talking heads were saying in the video. They also said that the suspects spoke with local accents. Given the fact that there are only so many people with those backgrounds in one city, I have a feeling that the police have already narrowed the field of likely suspects down, quite a bit, and the robbers' days are numbered.

6. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

?????????????????

I gotta disagree, I dont think the finger off the trigger means anything more than they took a gun safety course. My girlfriend has had it drilled into her to never place the finger on the trigger until ready to fire, and she isnt ex military

7. Think1st

Florida
    My wife has it drilled into her, and she is definitely not ex-military. Nevertheless, it is unusual for anyone who has ever taken the time to go through a gun safety course to get involved in crime. I can remember a few years ago reading about some Ft. Carson troopies who went and robbed a McDonald's. I also remember an ex-cop who was wanted for a series of bank robberies back in the first years of "America's Most Wanted."

Civilians who take gun safety courses are statistically more likely to be upstanding citizens, without criminal motivations. Just look at the low crime rates among CCW holders. People who learn about gun safety from military or LE work learn about their firearms knowledge just because it is a part of the job and not because it is for their own private defense. Some of them end up with their less honorable characteristics leading to their untimely dismissal, and they keep those skills when they leave, using them if they decide to turn to crime afterwards. The statistically lower crime rates among CCW holders leads me to believe that the guys doing this are not lifelong civilians.

8. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Wow.:foilhat:

Got that data to back any of that claim?

How many CCW holders are also LEO, ex-LEO or active or ex-military?
    What percentage of all CCW are they?

9. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Ooooo.. My turn.

Finger off trigger
    Held vertical
    Pale complexion

Analysis - Not a gang banger

Sorry. No back up data. Since the media doesn't like mentioning race (if they're black) and they'll probably obsess over that a Hi-Point (Glock) was used any statistical data will be slanted and worthless.

10. Think1st

Florida
    No foil hats, here. Check out this link:

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2013/10/concealed-carry-permit-holders-are-one.html?m=1

Our military and LE institutions are the best in the world, but bad apples slip through the cracks. If you look at the link I posted, you will find that CCW holders do, indeed, commit only a fraction of the unjustified homicides that LE personnel do. It probably has something to do with the conscientiousness that they have to exercise in order to avoid prosecution, civil suits or permit loss if they misbehave. People of that mindset are not the types to just decide, one day, to start robbing banks. Bad apples who slip through the cracks and get formal military or LE firearms training do, though. If they are bad apples when they enter service, then they will still be bad apples when they leave it.

In what way does this reasoning warrant a foil hat?

11. FlashBang

FlashBang I Stand With Talon Lifetime Supporter

They are only robbing the banks so they can get money to buy good guns.They are wearing masks so none of their friends see them with an HP. :stir:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::nahnah:

12. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Makes sense to me.

13. sdbrit68

sdbrit68 Supporting Member

I gotta say BS on the thing about CCW, I would say the reason CCW holders have only a fraction of criminals in their midst, is because, at least in Kommiefornia, I go through full back ground check..........so, the reality someone with a banger past wont get a concealed.

I am not saying they couldnt be ex military or LEO, I am just saying that the finger off trigger is standard, they could be from a state that requires a training class, or, a parent could have taught them gun safety at an early age like my pops did.

There could be parts of the video with the way they move or control a room we havent sen that may have led the police into a ex military direction

14. moona11

moona11 King of you Monkeys Lifetime Supporter

I think is all the SF guys running around the county. Its training for when they invade Canada. :-D

15. Think1st

Florida
    So, what you're saying is that this might be part of the Jade Helm exercise?:p

16. Branth

Branth Member

I think it's alternately hilarious and depressing that basic shooting techniques that can be learned in 10 minutes on Youtube are considered evidence of military/LEO training by folks in the media.

Admittedly, they seem to have thought things through. They have been using different getaway vehicles, and always leave through the backdoor. They're definitely a higher class of criminal, and actually have some brains in their heads. How much remains to be seen.

17. Think1st

Florida
    My primary reason for concurring with the talking heads in this case (and I'm usually yelling at the TV that they are dumbasses), is that criminally-minded people don't usually care about safety protocols. Usually, the only civilians who do are law abiding from the beginning until the end.

18. Branth

Branth Member

True. Most criminals, in my experience, ain't that bright, and are especially ignorant with regards to guns. They might be dangerous and deadly in a close-in gunfight at spray-and-pray distances, but I'd bet any Marksman ranked IDPA shooter would take them apart at any kind of distance, and would be many, many more times less likely to shoot themselves by accident.

Still, this could easily be a guy who grew up around guns turning to crime, or maybe someone who was just super-into Call of Duty or whatever and spent some time on Youtube looking up shooting techniques.

19. Think1st

Florida
    I don't think so. There wasn't a single game controller anywhere in the surveillance footage.