base for 40 jcp flush fit mags

Discussion in 'Hi-Point Pistols' started by mellon, Jan 1, 2015.

1. mellon

mellon Member

Along with the mag catch issue my 40 had. The flush git mags lacked a foot or base to help exyract them. My 45 mags had one already added. This was my fix, a 1911 mag base. Its no where near as big and bulky as the battery pack mags. Just enough to get ahold of the mag.

Attached Files:

2. Hipointer

Hipointer Member

Mellon, not too shabby. Not too shabby at all. ;)

3. RandomBlackGuy

RandomBlackGuy Member

Very cool looking! How did you install it?

Sent from my Hi-Point using iPhone

4. mellon

mellon Member

The bases come with self tapping screws. I just predrilled a hole to start and screwed them in. The instructions are very clear.

5. Where did u order these from ?

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByHi-Point Forum1422079813.202307.jpg
    Iberiaxtras.com has factory flush fit mags 22.95 each

7. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

The eBay mags have a baseplate.

8. I like it. May have to do that once I purchase some flush fit mags.

9. mellon

mellon Member

I have the ebay mags in 45. Yes they have a base plate. Have not found any in 40.

10. cicpup

cicpup Resident PITA Supporting Member

Vermont
    Stock ones are the same mag with a plastic spacer in the 40. It would be a simple task to make your own spacer. As long as the ebay ones don't use a follower that prohibits it.

11. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Ebay mags are oem HP mags that are modified by a guy similar to Joey and Thingmeister.
    So it's the original follower.

12. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Correct, but the followers in the .45 and .40 are not the same. Which is what Rich was referring to. You would either be buying the ebay mags just for the baseplate to put on a factory .40 mag, or taking the guts out of a factory .40 mag to put in the ebay mag. Either way, the variable here is the baseplate allowing for the spacer required to make the .40 mags function properly.

13. krayzeesmoke

krayzeesmoke Member

capacity

Something is different. Why would you want to lose 2 rounds? It looks awesome, but I think having the extra capacity is better then the look.