Hi-Point Firearms Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just aquired a MN 91/30 to complement my m44. Before any one complains heres a pic:

Both are number matching (not forced but original) But I need a bayonet frog for the 91 since the bayo doesnt fold and its to long to fit in the cabinet with it attached. It doesent have to be original, but I do want "correct" (as in a accurate reproduction). Any body have a suggestion where to look?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I'm not sure there is such a thing. As I understand it, Soviet doctrine was that the bayonets were to always be on the rifles so there was no need for a hanger or scabbard.

·
Banned
2,493 Posts
the germans in WW1 were the only ones to issue a scabbard for mosin bayonets, they were only for the captured spike bayonets. the russians simply either affixed them to the rifle or carried them in their belt. Finnish Mosins were issued a totally different bayonet more along the lines of a mauser, blade not spiked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.