Bayonet

Discussion in 'Training' started by lklawson, Jul 13, 2014.

1. lklawson

lklawson Staff Member

1st weekend in August I will be teaching WWI era British bayonet a this year's Recrational Violence seminar.

Lots of other really good stuff there this year too.

Andover, Ohio. $20 for the whole weekend of classes.

Peace favor your sword (Mobile)

2. cktvt

cktvt Member

Jeezus, I'm ROTFLMAO like the village idiot. There's really not a group gathering under the description of "Recreational Violence Seminar"? Right? Tell me yer pullin' my leg.:p

3. Rachgier

Rachgier Administrator Staff Member

Kirk is our resident hand to hand/martial arts guru, among other things. He's not kidding.

4. While I think knowing how to fight with a bayonet could be a useful skill, when was the last time the US military made a bayonet charge or defended one?

heck if I lived near enough I would sign up. I love bayonets, have three of them

5. SWAGA

SWAGA No longer broke... Lifetime Supporter

Don't be messing with Kirk now man....!

[​IMG]

Some if the funniest recreational violence I've seen in a while, including some CCW stuff

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IPVa3mbnZDM[/ame]

6. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Might be handy in the soon to come economic-societal breakdown.

7. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I may be wrong, but I think he's doing the hand to hand knife work taught by the Brits using the bayonet, and not how to use the bayonet attached to the rifle.;)

Only three bayonets?

You need to get on the ball.;)

[​IMG]

Left to right.

Enfield 1907 pattern
    Replica M1905 US for my Garand
    The Czech VZ 24 Mauser bayonet
    K 31 Swiss
    German K98 Mauser
    Yugo M48 Mauser
    Hooked Quillon Turk Mauser
    Replica M1for Garand
    Hakim
    Spanish FR8 Mauser
    Two US M9 for M16
    Two British, a No.4 MkII spike, and a No. 9 blade.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  8. Bull

Bull Just a Man Supporting Member

Crap!!!!! I'm way behind then..... I have neither a bayonet, nor a rifle that one would mount to....

9. cktvt

cktvt Member

10. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
  11. cktvt

cktvt Member

Yeah, I put it on the SKS when Andy says to...

12. oh crap, I forgot about the SKS, AK and Mosin Nagant. So I guess I have six of them. I don't buy one unless I have a rifle to mount them on.

Here is a listing
    AK
    SKS
    91/30
    Garand
    M1 Carbine
    03-A3

The 03A3 and short style Garand are interchangeable. Sadly though both are not originals but re-creations. The dang long one for the 03A3 is damn scary. I kick myself now but passed on an WW2 original short Garand bayonet over 25 bucks.

13. Ajole list whats in that pic from left to right as we look at it.

And why does it look like a cue ball is flying through the air? LMAO

Okay, I will admit my dumbness, LOL. It looked to me that maybe the bayo's were wall mounted. Now I see that they are laying on a pool table and of course the cue ball is laying on it as well. ( seriously I am cracking up right now)

14. cktvt

cktvt Member

At first I thought the same as you, that the bayos were wall-mounted. Then I noticed the pool table and mistakenly assumed the bayos were "laying" on the table. But this still didn't explain the picture orientation so I've now concluded the table is mounted on a wall and the bayos are glued to the felt. You can't get nuthin' by me...:p

15. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Hey, in my man cave, I set the rules, gravity can suck it.:cool:

I'll do a list later, gotta run to a meeting.:)

But the long one is the long 1907 Enfield bayonet, IIRC. The kind used before and into WW1.;)

16. I get accused of being an alcoholic all the time, but clearly I am not as I don't go the meetings. :rolleyes:

17. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    I'm a Scoutoholic, I guess. Just became a Round Table Commissioner.;)

18. ajole

ajole Supporting Member

NE Utah
    Here is a closer shot of the ones on the end.

Left to right, the no.4 MkII spike and No. 9 blade, totally dependent on the gun for use.
    The two M9s
    The Spanish, neat curved belly to the blade
    The Hakim, the thing at the pommel is what you pull to release the blade from the gun, very different from Mausers.

The fake M1
    The Turk Mauser.

[​IMG]

19. very nice collection Ajole, the Turk is cool particularly. I dunno what they call it but the part on it for hooking another bayonet in a fight is cool.